Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 EX-L Touring w/ navi.... same issue. Thought I would post to add one more to the list and then follow the thread for a solution. Glad I only spent a half hour on this before resorting to a Google search and finding this thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi , same issue here for the time on my digital radio display . I don’t even have a clock button on my system . 2011 Pilot touring with NAV / DVD system . The clock button in the manual is the scan button on my system and the nav time doesn’t help the issue .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV. Starting today 1/2/22 I've noticed the clock is one hour ahead. For instance now at 3:20PM my time, the clock shows 4:20PM. I've gone into settings to do a clock adjustment, and it always shows 12:00 as the time on the GPS screen. It lets me set it, but as soon as I press the center control to set it, the screen version of the clock resets to 12:00.

Turning off Time Zone Automatic and Daylight Automatic makes no difference. I have disconnected the battery cable for 5 minutes, and the clock quickly returns to one hour ahead.

My current system information is:
Database Area: United States
Database Version: 4.92
Software Version 2.01.01

Has anyone else encountered this? Would obtaining a new more up to date GPS disk perhaps help?

Thanks!
This is exactly what happened to me as well, and I tried a Google search and checked the owners manual all which say to “simply hold down the clock button”, what “clock” button?! There is none! Went into GPS and same thing tried to change the time from there and it went right back to 12:00. I cannot change the time!!! One hour ahead as well and all I found was this thread, all of us with the same issue!! Anyone find a fix please share!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV. Starting today 1/2/22 I've noticed the clock is one hour ahead. For instance now at 3:20PM my time, the clock shows 4:20PM. I've gone into settings to do a clock adjustment, and it always shows 12:00 as the time on the GPS screen. It lets me set it, but as soon as I press the center control to set it, the screen version of the clock resets to 12:00.

Turning off Time Zone Automatic and Daylight Automatic makes no difference. I have disconnected the battery cable for 5 minutes, and the clock quickly returns to one hour ahead.

Software Version 2.01.01

Has anyone else encountered this? Would obtaining a new more up to date GPS disk perhaps help?

Thanks!
Wow. Same issue on 2011 which started 1/2/22. Driving me nuts!!! Sounds like new gps download needed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Software Version 2.01.01

Thanks!
Exact same issue with mine!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 touring Pilot has same issue and so does my daughter's Toyota matrix manually installed android auto! Unable to change time on both!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I am having the same issue. Got the manual out and have tried for days to fix this!! So guess I’m not the only one. 😳☹

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if it is just the Pilot or is it happening with other models. I used to be a proud Honda owner and have owned many Including motorcycles, side by sides and lawnmowers but they are just not what they used to be. Normal wear and tear and the maintenance that comes with has never bothered me. But these quirks that are happening time and time again just gets under my skin. Seems like the company that I have raved about and trusted for over 30 years is no longer. I could go on and on with issues my family and I have had with some of our Honda’s the last few years. I will just add this latest to the list and take all into consideration before my next auto purchase.
I have a 2010 Crosstour EXL with the same clock issues.
I’m also a long time Honda customer from many motorcycles, lawnmowers , autos etc.and I will never purchase another one. Honda screwed me on my Oddesey by refusing to refund over $500.00 they charged me to replace the ABS computer that was recalled 2 month after my repair even after my dealer contacted them in California. I also only look for vehicles without timing belts like most Toyotas, Kia’s, Hyundai and many others.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,327 Posts
Hey Honda, Really? No response? No solutions? Just wait until August? Get real
You realize that this forum has no connection to American Honda Motors or Honda Motors Ltd.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Attachments

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,327 Posts
Oh, Honda definitely reads these forums, but they don't normally respond through them; although, I have seen that happen at least once - and, the chief engineer for the Ridgeline was a participating member at the Ridgeline Owners Club. :)
I have serious doubts that Honda would pay someone $40K + a year to follow a bunch of forums, especially with the vast number of Honda forums that exist. Honda does have several employees that also are Honda owners. There is nothing surprising about some of those employee/owners joining various forums. We have some employees here in this group.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Forums are extremely valuable resources for automakers. $40K/yr. is nothing to a company as large as Honda. Just because they don't respond or answer everyone's prayers doesn't mean they're not watching. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Add me to what seems like a huge list of Honda owners going through this clock problem. I have a 2011 Touring with NAVI. My clock is not even 1 hour ahead, it's like 11 or 12 minutes behind! And yes, I still use the clock in my car. It's right there in the center of the dash, so it's in a very prominent spot. I have a 3rd party system installed -- NAV Tools -- and their clock is correct, but not in as prominent of a spot.

Pretty weak of Honda to say they won't have a fix for this until August. I mean, c'mon! I will seriously think about moving on to another brand when the time comes to finally retire the old Pilot. Just one too many of these aggravating issues to want to give them my hard-earned money in the future.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Holy cow! Glad I am not alone! Same thing with my 2011 Honda Pilot. Can’t fix it with the Navigation. Are we suppose to get the new GPS update to fix it? What happens in August?

·
Registered
1 Posts
So frustrating! Same 2011 Pilot Touring - I’m going to call Honda and get a case number like a previous poster suggested.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Software Version 2.01.01

Thanks!
YES!! I have had the same issue. Can not figure out how to fix it. But my battery ended up needing to be replaced a few days later. So now my clock is even more off. I can not get it to set to current time.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts