Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is anyone else having a problem with the rear source not working also? When the clock thing happened, my rear source also went out. We can't use the back headphone jacks anymore. It automatically swaps to the front source after a few seconds. Speakers work fine, but no dvd headphones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called my local Honda guy. He is seeing many of these and they have determined it is an old software issue. We need to get the new software. I ordered mine today for overnight delivery. FYI, I own an auto repair shop and worked for Honda for 6 years. I scanned my Pilot, no codes. Did the navigation self diagnostic on the Pilot, no issues. Did a hard reset on the entire system, made the time 4 hours off instead of 1 hour. Looked up the issue in Identifix and they had no help on the issue.
I just checked the calendar in my Navi system and it is on January 2002. There is no way to adjust the date as far as I can find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I’m having the same issue as everyone…How do I update my system?

QUOTE="JZ2011Pilot, post: 1750737, member: 323947"]
I just checked the calendar in my Navi system and it is on January 2002. There is no way to adjust the date as far as I can find.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
6 Posts

[/QUOTE]
With this issue, from what I understand, you cannot update it. You will have to wait until August and it will clear up, or others say Honda may come out with a software fix. Not sure which one is correct yet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV. Starting today 1/2/22 I've noticed the clock is one hour ahead. For instance now at 3:20PM my time, the clock shows 4:20PM. I've gone into settings to do a clock adjustment, and it always shows 12:00 as the time on the GPS screen. It lets me set it, but as soon as I press the center control to set it, the screen version of the clock resets to 12:00.

Turning off Time Zone Automatic and Daylight Automatic makes no difference. I have disconnected the battery cable for 5 minutes, and the clock quickly returns to one hour ahead.

My current system information is:
Database Area: United States
Database Version: 4.92
Software Version 2.01.01

Has anyone else encountered this? Would obtaining a new more up to date GPS disk perhaps help?

Thanks!
Maybe Honda didn’t think our 2011 Pilots would last this long? :)

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,327 Posts
Maybe Honda didn’t think our 2011 Pilots would last this long? :)
Or they know the way to fix the problem today is to trade in your old Honda for a new one. My 2020 Touring Nav is showing the correct time. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a honda pilot touring 2011. Bronx NY. I having problems adjusting the time in SUV too.
🇱🇷 The clock was 1 hour ahead then I disconnect the battery for 5 minutes or so... connect it back and now the clock is 3 hours 10 minutes different. 🇱🇷

·
Registered
6 Posts

[/QUOTE]
I got my new 2021 Navi disc yesterday and swapped it out. My time is still off. I pulled the fuse for the radio and put it back in at exactly 1pm and now the clock is at least on time. I guess I don't have to worry about it until the battery dies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same in my 2011 Touring. I do remember seeing something popup on the Nav screen around the time this started saying something about an error with my nav disc. I had never seen any error like that before, but I just cleared and thought nothing else about it until I tried messing around for way too long to fix the clock. Maybe that was just a coincidence. I'm glad I found this thread, because I was about to go out and start disconnecting battery cables in freezing cold weather and waste a lot more time. They seriously need to have a fix for this. Waiting until August for it to fix itself is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FOLLOWING!!!
This is very interested as mine has done the same thing and by looking at the forum it seems to be an issue that started 3-6 days ago as mine was fine before. I was planning to stop by my local dealership to see if they were able to assist. I was going to disconnect the battery but i see that doesn't work, so thank you to the person that commented that!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon everyone! We have a 2009 Accord EX-L. And yes we have the exact same clock issue. I appreciate the thread and will check back in. Looks like we’re all waiting for a fix. Happy New Year :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV. Starting today 1/2/22 I've noticed the clock is one hour ahead. For instance now at 3:20PM my time, the clock shows 4:20PM. I've gone into settings to do a clock adjustment, and it always shows 12:00 as the time on the GPS screen. It lets me set it, but as soon as I press the center control to set it, the screen version of the clock resets to 12:00.

Turning off Time Zone Automatic and Daylight Automatic makes no difference. I have disconnected the battery cable for 5 minutes, and the clock quickly returns to one hour ahead.

Software Version 2.01.01

Has anyone else encountered this? Would obtaining a new more up to date GPS disk perhaps help?

Thanks!
Hello! [1/7/22]
I talked to a service manager at a Honda dealership in Tennessee. He said all of the dealerships just received a fix; but since it relates to GPS, there are specific daily timeframes during which you have to bring it in. For my Pilot, he said I have to bring it in between 10 AM and 2 PM (Central TZ).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same in my 2011 Touring. I do remember seeing something popup on the Nav screen around the time this started saying something about an error with my nav disc. I had never seen any error like that before, but I just cleared and thought nothing else about it until I tried messing around for way too long to fix the clock. Maybe that was just a coincidence. I'm glad I found this thread, because I was about to go out and start disconnecting battery cables in freezing cold weather and waste a lot more time. They seriously need to have a fix for this. Waiting until August for it to fix itself is ridiculous.
Following! Same problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! [1/7/22]
I talked to a service manager at a Honda dealership in Tennessee. He said all of the dealerships just received a fix; but since it relates to GPS, there are specific daily timeframes during which you have to bring it in. For my Pilot, he said I have to bring it in between 10 AM and 2 PM (Central TZ).
Please let us know if it fixes the problem. I assume the did it for no cost or did they charge some outrageous hourly rate fee!

I also found this interesting info for the GPS issues. At least we are driving on land and not using for navigation in the ocean or air! GPS week number rollover - Wikipedia

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's no longer helpful to post things like, "I have this problem, too". Yes, we know and so does Honda. If you want to complain, complain to Honda. No one on this forum can do anything about it. There shouldn't be any more posts about this until there is a solution or new information from Honda.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

Software Version 2.01.01

Thanks!
I’m having the same issues on my 2011 Ex-l Pilot. One hour ahead issue and when I change the time via NAV it returns to 12 and doesn’t change the clock!

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Navigator
1 Posts
Same issue here, 2011 Honda Pilot Navigator... No way to correct it using the any of the suggestions on the web... I stopped using the Honda Navigation system about 6 years ago, smart phones work better and you can use them to block the clock display on the dashboard. I'm not waiting till August 2022 for a fix....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Software Version 2.01.01

Thanks!
Same here! Did what you did and same issue. We took the car to the dealer service depatment and they said we'd have to pay for an hour of service just for diagnostics. Didn't bother.

61 - 80 of 112 Posts