Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 60 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought it was just me. Glad this isn't an issue with only my 11 Honda Pilot Touring. Hopefully it really doesn't take 8 months to fix though, that sure seems like a long time. So for those of us that change clocks end of March, I wondering if the clock with jump ahead another hour or stay where it is?

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,327 Posts
Yes i tried it. That’s what the first poster explained the steps for manual change, but when you go through them the time won’t save and immediately changes back to 12:00 in the menu but once you exit it’s still the same incorrect time 1 hr ahead.
Looks like Honda programers really messed it up for some. Makes me wonder if the person that bought my 2013 Touring is pulling his/her hair out right now as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I called my local Honda guy. He is seeing many of these and they have determined it is an old software issue. We need to get the new software. I ordered mine today for overnight delivery. FYI, I own an auto repair shop and worked for Honda for 6 years. I scanned my Pilot, no codes. Did the navigation self diagnostic on the Pilot, no issues. Did a hard reset on the entire system, made the time 4 hours off instead of 1 hour. Looked up the issue in Identifix and they had no help on the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2011 Pilot Touring (one of the greatest cars I’ve ever owned) and have the same issue here. Clock is set 1 hour ahead. I’ve tried everything.

The only thing I can add is I’ve had issues with the nav DVD but have no need to upgrade that as we use our phones.

I will say I was”happy” to see responses that were brand new and that I’m not alone. Let’s hope we get a fix soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2011 Pilot Touring (one of the greatest cars I’ve ever owned) and have the same issue here. Clock is set 1 hour ahead. I’ve tried everything.

The only thing I can add is I’ve had issues with the nav DVD but have no need to upgrade that as we use our phones.

I will say I was”happy” to see responses that were brand new and that I’m not alone. Let’s hope we get a fix soon!
I bought mine new in 2010, had a 2004 before that. 240,000 miles and I will never sell it. I hate the style of the new ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That won't fix the clock issue.
I figured that since my software is about 3-4 years old I would update it and see what happens. I guess Microsoft is having the same clock issues on some of it's products so this may be a deeper issue than just Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I figured that since my software is about 3-4 years old I would update it and see what happens. I guess Microsoft is having the same clock issues on some of it's products so this may be a deeper issue than just Honda.
Well let us know if it solves the issue - but it seems like this is something Honda should be fixing - my Pilot is only 10 years old, not 20.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing here I go into the clock setting and adjust the time but when it says to push the knob down to save it doesn’t do anything ???? Driving me crazy hopefully someone has some answers?
Same issue with my 2011 Pilot Touring nav clock. Happened to me on Jan 1, 2022, same as everybody.
Yeh, no way my 2011 Honda Pilot 4wd Touring also did that this morning, it was so weird the actual time was good when I started the car at 7:51 then when I arrive to my destination it showed 8:59, I used the dial to change the time through the navigation screen and it changed back to 7:59. The car clock hasn't changed back to the 1 hour difference time since. So all good for me.
I just talked with Honda. They are aware of the issue but have no fix at this time. The person with whom I spoke, said that the nav systems do an automatic reset in August and that is probably going to cure the problem. I think I'll just go trade my Pilot off for a Lincoln or a Kia that has a clock that works!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Yes, should be auto corrected in August by all reports. Several models or just a few Honda models have this problem of clock being an hour ahead. Also according to some reports, the clocks are going back to 2002 times, but that is just too much for me to try and comprehend.

Drove my wife's 2011 Honda Pilot Touring first time yesterday in a long time when I first noticed it. Had the vehicle today as I was off and didn't want to lose the very clean/no snow community parking spot that my Caddy has sat in since it snowed Monday. Tried to mess around with the controls like everyone else. Then I read the full story on my phone about the issue. Not a big deal, honestly.
I enjoyed driving the Pilot years back when we drove out west. Driving in and around the Intercontinental Divide was the only time I was able to travel back and forward in time, watching the clock go forward, and back in time. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV. Starting today 1/2/22 I've noticed the clock is one hour ahead. For instance now at 3:20PM my time, the clock shows 4:20PM. I've gone into settings to do a clock adjustment, and it always shows 12:00 as the time on the GPS screen. It lets me set it, but as soon as I press the center control to set it, the screen version of the clock resets to 12:00.

Turning off Time Zone Automatic and Daylight Automatic makes no difference. I have disconnected the battery cable for 5 minutes, and the clock quickly returns to one hour ahead.

My current system information is:
Database Area: United States
Database Version: 4.92
Software Version 2.01.01

Has anyone else encountered this? Would obtaining a new more up to date GPS disk perhaps help?

Thanks!
Same issue here! 2011 Honda Pilot Touring and problem started on New Year! Im hoping there is a quicker fix for this. If not, I’m dumping this Pilot to CarMax! 😬 I’m from Southern California (Pacific Time)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue- I have a 2011 Honda Pilot exl with navigation and my time is off 1 ht. I live in the central time zone. Also have issues when I plug my iPhone into the aux. Says unsupported device.
Hello,

I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV. Starting today 1/2/22 I've noticed the clock is one hour ahead. For instance now at 3:20PM my time, the clock shows 4:20PM. I've gone into settings to do a clock adjustment, and it always shows 12:00 as the time on the GPS screen. It lets me set it, but as soon as I press the center control to set it, the screen version of the clock resets to 12:00.

Turning off Time Zone Automatic and Daylight Automatic makes no difference. I have disconnected the battery cable for 5 minutes, and the clock quickly returns to one hour ahead.

Software Version 2.01.01

Has anyone else encountered this? Would obtaining a new more up to date GPS disk perhaps help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Software Version 2.01.01

Thanks!
The headphones on my rear entertainment system also went out when the clock jumped... I cannot select rear source it automatically swaps back to front source after a few seconds- DVD will only play through car speakers.

41 - 60 of 112 Posts