Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV. Starting today 1/2/22 I've noticed the clock is one hour ahead. For instance now at 3:20PM my time, the clock shows 4:20PM. I've gone into settings to do a clock adjustment, and it always shows 12:00 as the time on the GPS screen. It lets me set it, but as soon as I press the center control to set it, the screen version of the clock resets to 12:00.

Turning off Time Zone Automatic and Daylight Automatic makes no difference. I have disconnected the battery cable for 5 minutes, and the clock quickly returns to one hour ahead.

My current system information is:
Database Area: United States
Database Version: 4.92
Software Version 2.01.01

Has anyone else encountered this? Would obtaining a new more up to date GPS disk perhaps help?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeh, no way my 2011 Honda Pilot 4wd Touring also did that this morning, it was so weird the actual time was good when I started the car at 7:51 then when I arrive to my destination it showed 8:59, I used the dial to change the time through the navigation screen and it changed back to 7:59. The car clock hasn't changed back to the 1 hour difference time since. So all good for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having the same issue. It started this morning. Can't seem to adjust it no matter what I do. If anyone figures this out, please let others know. I'm assuming this is a Honda system issue.

Thank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV. Starting today 1/2/22 I've noticed the clock is one hour ahead. For instance now at 3:20PM my time, the clock shows 4:20PM. I've gone into settings to do a clock adjustment, and it always shows 12:00 as the time on the GPS screen. It lets me set it, but as soon as I press the center control to set it, the screen version of the clock resets to 12:00.

Turning off Time Zone Automatic and Daylight Automatic makes no difference. I have disconnected the battery cable for 5 minutes, and the clock quickly returns to one hour ahead.

Software Version 2.01.01

Has anyone else encountered this? Would obtaining a new more up to date GPS disk perhaps help?

Thanks!
I have the exact same year/model as you and have the exact same problem. Except, my time is one hour ahead (I live in eastern time zone). I can only think that the GPS thinks my location has changed or it has to do with daylight saving time. But, just as you, it won't allow me to change the time. And changing the DST and Automatic Time Zone settings makes no difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same year/model as you (2011) and have the exact same problem. Except, my time is one hour ahead (I live in eastern time zone). I can only think that the GPS thinks my location has changed or it has to do with daylight saving time. But, just as you, it won't allow me to change the time. And changing the DST and Automatic Time Zone settings makes no difference and it won't allow me to select the "reset" option at the top of the time adjustment screen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

Software Version 2.01.01

Thanks!
I have the same exact vehicle and same exact problem. I sat in my car for 45 minutes trying to figure it out. Went to YouTube and google and tried everything I could and nothing worked. The same thing was happening with the 12:00 thing with the time adjustment too which was frustrating me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

Software Version 2.01.01

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same thing happen. 2011 Pilot. Frustrating that I can't correct it. Jan 3, 2022 update. I just called Honda and got a case number. Honda is aware of the issue. I was told by the Rep that might be August 2022 before a fix is avail! Wait What!!! Aug 2022. Anyway might want to call Honda get a case number to help Honda feel the frustration. Be well - stay safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So just a little update....spoke with Honda customer care and the rep told me they are unaware of this issue. They recommended that I go to my dealership....which I just did. I showed this thread and others to my service advisor who then advised me that he thinks the head unit is bad. I asked how he came to that conclusion given that 100s is not 1000s of customers seem to have the same issue right now? He just gave me a blank stare and said " maybe the antenna is bad." Top Notch Service from Bianchi Honda in Erie, PA. Guess I have to wait for a fix to magically appear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had a similar reaction, also at Bianchi Honda. They wanted to charge me a diagnostic fee even though I described the contents of this forum and several others experiencing the same issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My battery went dead because a bad connection. After 2 hours, I called It was confirmed that this is a on going issue started 1-2-2022 and will be fixed till August 2022!! Couldn't believe my ears! Almost a year with no clock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if it is just the Pilot or is it happening with other models. I used to be a proud Honda owner and have owned many Including motorcycles, side by sides and lawnmowers but they are just not what they used to be. Normal wear and tear and the maintenance that comes with has never bothered me. But these quirks that are happening time and time again just gets under my skin. Seems like the company that I have raved about and trusted for over 30 years is no longer. I could go on and on with issues my family and I have had with some of our Honda’s the last few years. I will just add this latest to the list and take all into consideration before my next auto purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue. It started this morning. Can't seem to adjust it no matter what I do. If anyone figures this out, please let others know. I'm assuming this is a Honda system issue.

Thank
Same thing here I go into the clock setting and adjust the time but when it says to push the knob down to save it doesn’t do anything ???? Driving me crazy hopefully someone has some answers?

1 - 20 of 143 Posts