Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had to give up my 16 civic touring and bought a 2011 pilot. I’ve searched Crutchfields and Best Buy sites and can’t find a compatible unit that has car play. I’m spoiled now. Anyone found a unit that works with this vehicle?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Which exact model? The 2nd-gen Pilots (2009-2015) will not accommodate standard double-DIN units in their console. Additionally, climate controls display is pretty much integrated into the audio head unit.
Options you might have:
If this is a model with navigation (color screen at top of console):
There is NavTool: HONDA PILOT 2009-2011 NAVIGATION VIDEO INTERFACE with BUILT-IN HD SMARTPHONE MIRRORING via HDMI
It connects between audio unit and the display and will provide Apple CarPlay.

If this is a non-nav model with smaller Climate/Audio info LCD, you might consider this:
But make double sure it does fit.

Pretty much any other option involves extensive console modification and some serious know-how (I.e. look at 'Audio & Electronics' forums threads by DMG and me, though they are more for 2012-2015 models)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just get the NavTool module, no aftermarket head units it projects onto your current screen (assuming you have the screen).

·
Registered
75 Posts
If your car is non-navi - a double din will fit. It is quite a bit of work to make it look good, however, as there is no double-din dash kit. You'll need to modify both the head unit case to get the positioning correct as well as some plastic work to cover up the extra space above the head unit that is no longer covered by plastic (that trapezoidal piece is part of factory head unit). There are threads on this forum that go into much more detail including how to tap into the rear camera feed. If you aren't handy and comfortable with this type of work, then you may want to consider going with the new component units where the screen is separate from controller and a pro installer would have much more flexibility in the mounting without having to customize/hack up the dash as much.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes, if there is a color screen/backup camera, NavTool option is going to be the easiest and least invasive.

If not, then there is this:
Note that this is a single-DIN housing adapter. You would want a head unit with a flip out or 'floating' screeen, such as Alpine ILX-F259.
Warning: as a result, you might lose the climate control display.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts