Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my pilot and I love it. The questio/problem I am having is with the res. When I sat in the back and watched a movie with my daughter, I noticed the dvd screen seemed to have a lag to it. Especially with lots of movement. The color was good, but it’s like it had a weird shuttering/lag to the scene on the movie. it was a brand new movie so it didn’t have scratches on it.
anyone else have this problem, and before I run to the dealer to get it fixed, I didn’t know if it was something I’m looking or being to picky on or what. I cleaned the head unit with a disk cleaner.

thanks,
Crystal

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think what you are seeing is a result of high response time consistent with the age of the technology in your vehicle...

LCD screens have a response time or lag in their specifications measure in milliseconds. Fast response is considered to be in the very low single digit range - 1ms to 4ms. I suspect what you are seeing is normal and consistent with an automative LCD screen circa pre-2008 which is when the screen was first specified for the vehicle by Honda.

You should still confirm this with dealer as, without seeing it, no one would be able to confirm if it's an issue or normal.

Edit: I should add that I'm going off of your description of lag which I'm not interpreting as skipping. If it's skipping then it's more likely to be an issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think what you are seeing is a result of high response time consistent with the age of the technology in your vehicle...

LCD screens have a response time or lag in their specifications measure in milliseconds. Fast response is considered to be in the very low single digit range - 1ms to 4ms. I suspect what you are seeing is normal and consistent with an automative LCD screen circa pre-2008 which is when the screen was first specified for the vehicle by Honda.

You should still confirm this with dealer as, without seeing it, no one would be able to confirm if it's an issue or normal.

Edit: I should add that I'm going off of your description of lag which I'm not interpreting as skipping. If it's skipping then it's more likely to be an issue.
Thank you for your response! I was thinking it could be a result of older technology. I never had a res in a car so I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect, and over thinking things. I messed around with it a little today and it did t seem as bad because I cleaned it again. I will definitely consult with a dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts