Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!! So I see this is is a common issue but my issue is a tad different. So I bought an older pilot (2011) and recently the alarm just randomly is going off. Most threads here I’ve seen the car was locked but this is happening while it is unlocked (but the anti theft light is still blinking when you open the door like it’s armed) It started last week with one time and seems to be becoming more frequent at twice on Tuesday, twice Wednesday, three times at 4am etc.
we have a small shop next to our house where I brought it to see if maybe the battery was going to no such luck. They informed me the alarm went off 4-5 times while it was there. I called our local honda dealership who are unable to help me much till October!!! He suggested trying to manually unlock my doors and that may help and that it sounded like the hood latch. If it was the latch sensor wouldn’t it show up on my dashboard that it’s sensor is tripped? I’ve haven’t opened the hood in over a month, consistently use the trunk with no issues but I did open the rear hatch window for the first time last week. Is there a sensor in there that could be tripped?
I have three very young kids at home and the “maybe” wasn’t going to work for me so I disconnected the battery till I can figure something out till October. Anybody have any ideas??

1 - 2 of 2 Posts