Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2011 A/C front blows hot while rear blows cold

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  alohlemacher 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 Pilot Touring. I have has it for a little over a year. In the past couple weeks the Air Conditioner has started acting up. It will blow cold for about 10 minutes from a cold start but after that the front air will start blowing hot (on both the driver side and the passenger side). The rear air continues to blow cold. I used a thermometer and rear was blowing at 39 degrees while the front was blowing 80+ degrees. The compressor seems to engage and disengage as it should. I checked the R-134 using the gauge that comes attached to the top of a can of coolant and it was in the correct range (near the higher end of the good range). As the ca ran and warmed up (and the a/c started to stop blowing cool in the front the gauge started showing low but there is no leak because it goes back to the good range when it cools). I went ahead and vacuumed it out and refiled it with 22oz as directed by the sticker under the hood. I have read discussions about the air mix controller but I would assume it that was the problem it would only affect one side (driver or passenger, not both). Anyone have any experience with this? Where is the air mix module? Would it affect both sides equally? How can it be tested? I am stumped by this and tired of sweating while I drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.