Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
225 Posts
You boys......

are serious........Well done, Cheers!




rocky said:
Holy shiat. Talk about a skunk works.

Please keep posting links to updates, especially as you take it out to events.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Keep us updated on your progress. Looks great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes we work for Honda. We work at the honda plant in Lincoln Alabama ,we build the Odyssey,Pilot,Ridgeline and Accord. One thing I need to correct is that it is not a 2010 model. It is really a 2009 preproduction unit vin#31.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
since you work at the plant, can you tell us what changes there are going to be (cosmetic or mechanical) to the 2011 Pilot?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
That isn't the stock 4wd system. What are you guys using?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
spikeitaudi said:
That isn't the stock 4wd system. What are you guys using?
The 4wd stuff is the stock stuff we will just use a switch to control the clutches for the rear diff.This car started out as a 2wd car and we converted it to 4wd. Running the rear diff. by an on/off switch is not the best setup for a normal car but we plan to race this car and it is not a daily driver and will never be. But with that being said in fwd it is a normal Honda Pilot in every other way. We plan over time to change that also and get more HP out of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
hondamaint said:


The 4wd stuff is the stock stuff we will just use a switch to control the clutches for the rear diff.This car started out as a 2wd car and we converted it to 4wd. Running the rear diff. by an on/off switch is not the best setup for a normal car but we plan to race this car and it is not a daily driver and will never be. But with that being said in fwd it is a normal Honda Pilot in every other way. We plan over time to change that also and get more HP out of it.
So you are using the Magnetic clutchs. Interesting.

I saw you where going to use an Acura engine with an upgrade chip. This is good stuff. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We are at present useing the stock J35 but may in the future usea J37. If we do so then we will do the tuning inhouse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Honda Factory Guys!

It would be great if you guys could respond to some questions about the second gen Pilot.

I'm sure you know people who are intimately knowledgeable about nearly every aspect of the Pilot, and could provide very useful information to people on this board.

In fact, it could be a two-way flow of information, as I have discovered a couple of details about my '09 that I would think Honda would want to correct on the mid-cycle update. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll share them with you.

One thing I'd like to know is if disconnecting the two ANC mics (which is required to install an aftermarket stereo) would result in objectionable noises from VCM, etc., inside the cabin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Can you just tell us if the 2011 model will get projector style headlights?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
way2evil said:
They arent here to answer questions. Dont scare them away.
Thanks. If we do or did know any new model information we could NEVER discuss any of it or we would be fired.Sorry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
hondamaint said:


Thanks. If we do or did know any new model information we could NEVER discuss any of it or we would be fired.Sorry.
Would never want you to and totally understand. That project you are working on is awesome. How has acceleration improved after removing all that weight?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,562 Posts
way2evil said:
They arent here to answer questions. Dont scare them away.
They are the "littlle guys" answers to questions like that may cost jobs
 
1 - 20 of 90 Posts
Top