Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Honda Pilot when accelerating I hear a ticking/rattle noise as the rpm goes up between 1000-2000 and then fade away.any suggestions I changed the idler tensioner which I tho it was.please help

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have a 2010 Honda Pilot when accelerating I hear a ticking/rattle noise as the rpm goes up between 1000-2000 and then fade away.any suggestions I changed the idler tensioner which I tho it was.please help
Sorry I don't have an answer -- I also have a '10, but haven't (yet) experienced this. ...maybe look at CV joints (?) with thought that the initial torque of acceleration may be causing the rattle? Just a thought.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,848 Posts
Welcome and thanks for registering at piloteers.org. We are glad you have chosen to be part of the community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Please take a moment to look over the FAQ section. If you need assistance please use the “message” function to contact any staff member.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to register at the Honda Owners web site. It is full of information you may find useful about your particular Honda vehicle(s).

Enjoy and all the best,

Daltongang

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I don't have an answer -- I also have a '10, but haven't (yet) experienced this. ...maybe look at CV joints (?) with thought that the initial torque of acceleration may be causing the rattle? Just a thought.
thanks ill check that out

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where is the noise coming from? Engine compartment? Right side? Left side? below the rear cargo area? Have someone drive while you search for the area of the noise.

Do you here the noise while idling in park? If so use a section of old hose as a stethoscope, Check around the engine compartment while someone keeps the RPM up so the engine is making the noise. Check around the power steering pump and the alternator.

If it only happens while moving then look into the front bearings and other parts moving when in motion.

Hope this helps
Gill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts