Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look at the bright side, everyone looking at their Honda dash clock will finally get to work early, or will you be late? I hate daylight savings time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine fixed itself yesterday. Not sure what happened. I’ve been working on the car slot these past few days and the only thing that I can think of is that I had the battery unplugged for about 30-40 minutes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I tried the fuse. Pulled it at 12:59pm and at 1:00pm plugged it back in. Poof!! It's fixed. Will see how long it lasts. Thank you!

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot Touring
2 Posts
My wife LOVES our 2011 Pilot Touring and it happened while she was driving on her birthday! I'll have to try that fuse trick or sleep on the sofa until August.
Come on Honda! You can fix this. Show us how fast innovate and fix our clocks!
I wonder if this happened to Masashi Yamamoto, too?

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot Touring
5 Posts
I can confirm 24 hr later that removing radio fuse (17) around 1 am or pm works to reset to correct time. Can moderators make this a sticky thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@zixy_tris, Thanks for the tip, will give fuse a try. We thought our trusty 2009 is putting up a fuss after 12+ years of loyal & reliable services.
Our problem started just before Xmas after our iPhones were no longer able to play music when connected to the USB port, the system keeps displaying unsupported format.
Then a few days ago started having the advanced clock issue.
By the way, manual clock adjustment won't save for those who suffer from this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m so glad I found this thread to know I’m not alone! I noticed it on January 3 driving to work and couldn’t figure out how to fix it. Super annoyed I always think I’m late!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried the fuse. Pulled it at 12:59pm and at 1:00pm plugged it back in. Poof!! It's fixed. Will see how long it lasts. Thank you!
1 week. All is good. We will have to repeat in March after DST goes in effect

·
Registered
44 Posts
1 week. All is good. We will have to repeat in March after DST goes in effect

Thanks for sharing...I too have same exact issue drove myself crazy January 1 trying to resolve, I searched and searched to see if anyone else was having this issue and didn't find anything on the web so I thought maybe its just my car or some electrical issue. Fast forward to today, I said let me check the forums again and WOW its a worldwide issue. But can someone explain why does the "Fuse 17 fix" have to be done at 1AM / 1PM ?? I will try it this weekend as my 1 - 1.5 hr daily commutes are just throwing me off schedule every time I look at that clock

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for sharing...I too have same exact issue drove myself crazy January 1 trying to resolve, I searched and searched to see if anyone else was having this issue and didn't find anything on the web so I thought maybe its just my car or some electrical issue. Fast forward to today, I said let me check the forums again and WOW its a worldwide issue. But can someone explain why does the "Fuse 17 fix" have to be done at 1AM / 1PM ?? I will try it this weekend as my 1 - 1.5 hr daily commutes are just throwing me off schedule every time I look at that clock
The clock defaults to 1:00 after fuse is removed. So you want to do at that time as we cannot manually adjust time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did the suggestion from the piloteer that said take out fuse 17 at 1 pm. It worked, but apparently I didn't leave it out long enough or it didn't work b/c I didn't have the car running. I repeated it w/ the car running, but by the time I opened the hood and the fuse panel I'm now two minutes behind. I will try again at 1 pm tomorrow, but so far it's kept the time. I called the dealer, they seemed to think Honda would give us a fix, but was unsure on the timetable. Tomorrow when I try the trick, I will turn the car on, remove the fuse several minutes before 1 and then replace the fuse precisely at 1. I know two minutes isn't much, and it's certainly way better than an hour, but honestly I like seeing the correct time in my vehicle :) Fingers crossed, and alarm set for tomorrow.
Okay, after several unsuccesful attempts to get it exactly at 1, I finally suceeded today!!! Ypiee. For me, you have to pull the fuse at 12:58, my car must need for the fuse to be out for approx. 90 sec before it resets. Trying to pull it at other times didn't get me the result, I was always just slightly off. As a tip trying to pull it in advance and then replace it exactly at 1 doesn't work either, it seems to reset from the time you pull it out. 12:58 is the magic time for me and then putting it back at 1. Good luck piloteers! This was for a 2011 touring Pilot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is the time/date still correct on your Pilot after pulling out and putting back the fuse??

·
Registered
94 Posts
Okay, after several unsuccesful attempts to get it exactly at 1, I finally suceeded today!!! Ypiee. For me, you have to pull the fuse at 12:58, my car must need for the fuse to be out for approx. 90 sec before it resets. Trying to pull it at other times didn't get me the result, I was always just slightly off. As a tip trying to pull it in advance and then replace it exactly at 1 doesn't work either, it seems to reset from the time you pull it out. 12:58 is the magic time for me and then putting it back at 1. Good luck piloteers! This was for a 2011 touring Pilot.
I'm jealous Bessie, I just tired this and it did not reset the clock. Pulled at 12:58, put it back in at 1:00, clock still says 2:00.

Car does not need to run. But after you plug it in you need to turn on radio and enter code. I have not yet checked if the clock will run if the radio is not unlocked.
Hmm, I did not need to enter the code so probably need to give it a little more time to die.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife is about to drive me nuts about this issue.

She drives a 2010 Pilot Touring that within the last few days she noticed the time is off by exactly one hour. I understand the time is synced via GPS. The time has previously been correct. I looked at the system information and nothing seems to have changed there. We do not live anywhere near a time zone edge, so that is not the problem. I was not able to select the “RESET” function in the clock software. I could manually adjust the clock, but it would not save the time when I exited the screen.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tony
My wife is about to drive me nuts about this issue.

She drives a 2010 Pilot Touring that within the last few days she noticed the time is off by exactly one hour. I understand the time is synced via GPS. The time has previously been correct. I looked at the system information and nothing seems to have changed there. We do not live anywhere near a time zone edge, so that is not the problem. I was not able to select the “RESET” function in the clock software. I could manually adjust the clock, but it would not save the time when I exited the screen.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tony
So, I figured out a "band-aid" fix for my 2010 Touring. I set the clock. And a day later it's still to the second.

When you disconnect and reconnect the battery, the clock will reset to "1:00" and start ticking from there.

Either at 1pm or 1am disconnect and reconnect the battery. At least your clock will be correct. Starting from "1:00".

I used my Calibrated Casio GShock for the timing - and if you're specific like me you'll want to practice reconnecting the battery to get the clock synced with accurate time. Only disconnect the negative terminal of your battery and reconnect exactly when you want the time to start. I figured out that for my Pilot I had to connect the negative terminal at 12:59:49 exactly. So an 11 second warm up period to get the clock to sync.

Calendar is still set to 2002. But at least I'll pick up the kids on time now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, jumping on board with this thread, since our 2009 Pilot Touring has showed the same problem since about the new year started. Just got off the phone with Honda and they gave me a case # and elevated the issue to "Tier 2" support since not enough 2009 people have called and complained. They are aware the issue is affecting different Hondas/Acuras from ~2004's-2014's with Navi's. They said whatever software/gps sync glitch that is causing the problem should "self-correct" itself in August, but they are hoping to push out a fix before then. So that's the update for now!

(Other than my Nav DVD is stuck and now also broken, not sure this is related, but anyone else have trouble with this too?)

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm jealous Bessie, I just tired this and it did not reset the clock. Pulled at 12:58, put it back in at 1:00, clock still says 2:00.

Hmm, I did not need to enter the code so probably need to give it a little more time to die.
Well...egg on my face. I went in today to try this again and realized my dumb a$$ pulled #18 yesterday, not #17. Clock is at 1:00 and my wife no longer hates the car. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Today I pulled/replaced 17 and 23, started the car, put in radio code and…voilà! It was 1:01. Missed the mark by a few seconds but better ahead than behind, I say. I will reply if anything changes for the worse.

81 - 100 of 107 Posts