Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX
91 Posts
My wife is about to drive me nuts about this issue.

She drives a 2010 Pilot Touring that within the last few days she noticed the time is off by exactly one hour. I understand the time is synced via GPS. The time has previously been correct. I looked at the system information and nothing seems to have changed there. We do not live anywhere near a time zone edge, so that is not the problem. I was not able to select the “RESET” function in the clock software. I could manually adjust the clock, but it would not save the time when I exited the screen.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tony
Just had to comment, I feel for her, it'd drive me nuts to.
Not sure if the Touring vs. Pilot is different but I was able to "fix" the time issue. Couldn't tell you how I did it because not in my vehicle right now. But sometime Thursday/Friday I can post how I did it on mine, but like said not sure if it's the same concept. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same! Went from ET to CT before Christmas, clock adjusted for new timezone. We came back the 29th and the clock never re-adjusted. 😕 It’s so frustrating!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same! Went from ET to CT before Christmas, clock adjusted for new timezone. We came back the 29th and the clock never re-adjusted. 😕 It’s so frustrating!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad it's not just me! My husband and teenage daughter think I did something wrong. It's driving me nuts though, I keep getting a heart attack when I look at the time and think I'm really late.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My touring is doing same thing last few days. 2010 pilot

She drives a 2010 Pilot Touring that within the last few days she noticed the time is off by exactly one hour. I understand the time is synced via GPS. The time has previously been correct. I looked at the system information and nothing seems to have changed there. We do not live anywhere near a time zone edge, so that is not the problem. I was not able to select the “RESET” function in the clock software. I could manually adjust the clock, but it would not save the time when I exited the screen.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tony
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine too.... I sure hope some programmer(s) are big time fired over this issue... and we have to wait until August for the update to fix it? We all need free updated Naivigation disks as an "I'm Sorry" gesture from Honda.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can confirm 24 hr later that removing radio fuse (17) around 1 am or pm works to reset to correct time. Can moderators make this a sticky thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem here. 2009 Honda Pilot with nav system.

This is one heck of a software bug. As an engineer, I'm mostly just giggling about it after finding these threads. I'm guessing we will all be forced to pay for new nav disks in a few months.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Owners who have the 2021 map update are still reporting this issue.

Unless Honda/HERE does something else...

NOTES
This 2021 Map Update will be the final map update release for this system and will be available while supplies last.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I can confirm 24 hr later that removing radio fuse (17) around 1 am or pm works to reset to correct time. Can moderators make this a sticky thread.

Does the car need to be running? Or can you just take it out and then plug back in?

Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Does the car need to be running? Or can you just take it out and then plug back in?

Thanks.
Car does not need to run. But after you plug it in you need to turn on radio and enter code. I have not yet checked if the clock will run if the radio is not unlocked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2011 Honda Pilot Touring. 3-4 days ago my clock jumped an hour forward. I just spent 30 minutes trying to adjust the time, then I found this blog. Clearly a Honda Pilot issue. Don’t let any dealership charge you for a software issue that was created by Honda.

·
Registered
3 Posts
According to Concord Honda, it’s a GPS issue and they are aware of the problem. I recommend a piece of black tape over the clock until the issue is fixed, or a 5 pound sledge hammer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wasted 45 minutes of my life trying to figure out the clock issue. Glad I came here. Not only does the clock not work, the calendar in settings is stuck on 2002 and requires you to update it by going day by day through the whole 365days until you clear a year. Then onto 2003. There must be a lawsuit somewhere here.

·
Registered
380 Posts
There must be a lawsuit somewhere here.
What for? The 3/36 New Vehicle Limited Warranty on all the affected models expired years ago.

That would be as successful as suing Apple because your 2011 iPhone 4S no longer works over cellular networks in 2022. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV and it's doing the same thing. I tried all the things you mention but it's still an hour ahead. Crazy

Tim
Microsoft Exchange Y2K22 bug. Honda Engineers working on it. To be automatically corrected by August 2022

61 - 80 of 107 Posts