Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife is about to drive me nuts about this issue.

She drives a 2010 Pilot Touring that within the last few days she noticed the time is off by exactly one hour. I understand the time is synced via GPS. The time has previously been correct. I looked at the system information and nothing seems to have changed there. We do not live anywhere near a time zone edge, so that is not the problem. I was not able to select the “RESET” function in the clock software. I could manually adjust the clock, but it would not save the time when I exited the screen.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tony
Same here on a 08 .

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ok, so I just checked and my 2012 Touring seems to be correct. What should I watch for? Do certain events screw it up? Should we be looking at firmware numbers or something? 🤷🏻‍♂️ This Pilot should be the same 09-15. Hmmm

Also, 2020 MDX is correct—just as another data point.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have a 2010 Honda Pilot Touring with Nav and noticed the same thing. We crossed a time zone the weekend before Christmas, and when we returned home it never updated back to our time zone.

Our reset function for the clock adjustment doesn’t seem to be working either. The manual adjustments are also not doing anything.

When I looked at the calendar it is showing 2002. Not sure if that’s related to that at all. The GPS seems to be working correctly so I am assuming its connecting to the satellites.

Matthew
My 2009 Touring has all the same issues, thought I was losing my mind! 🤔 something wrong with clock, evidently a pilot problem.(y)

·
Registered
31 Posts
As of today I can confirm fuse 17 hack works on 2009-2011 pilot touring. I did not notice any impact of the date rollover.
My take this should work as radio is unable to read timestamp from satellites and will keep the current time.
Good luck to other honda pilot owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2011 Pilot EX-L w/NAV and it's doing the same thing. I tried all the things you mention but it's still an hour ahead. Crazy

Tim
this same thing to me. i was going to work and thought oh man im an hour late. i fixed it but have not checked it since. how strange. i wonder if its stuck in daylight saving

·
Registered
9 Posts
What time you did it? 2pm in afternoon?
I did the suggestion from the piloteer that said take out fuse 17 at 1 pm. It worked, but apparently I didn't leave it out long enough or it didn't work b/c I didn't have the car running. I repeated it w/ the car running, but by the time I opened the hood and the fuse panel I'm now two minutes behind. I will try again at 1 pm tomorrow, but so far it's kept the time. I called the dealer, they seemed to think Honda would give us a fix, but was unsure on the timetable. Tomorrow when I try the trick, I will turn the car on, remove the fuse several minutes before 1 and then replace the fuse precisely at 1. I know two minutes isn't much, and it's certainly way better than an hour, but honestly I like seeing the correct time in my vehicle :) Fingers crossed, and alarm set for tomorrow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
As of today I can confirm fuse 17 hack works on 2009-2011 pilot touring. I did not notice any impact of the date rollover.
My take this should work as radio is unable to read timestamp from satellites and will keep the current time.
Good luck to other honda pilot owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You were a lifesaver w/ this tip. Worked for me too in a 2011 touring pilot. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, other Honda forums (CR-V, etc) report that after calling Honda, they are aware of the issue and report it will autocorrect in August 2022 but engineers are looking into it for a possible earlier fix.
Techs/mechanics used to have two initial responses to every problem:
1. I've never seen that before.
2. Yea, they'll do that.

We now have a third:
3. It'll fix itself in August.

Eric
2011 Pilot EX-L

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here all week.. GPS clock is automatic on my touring, no reset and still off by an hour... Getting frustrated!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts

She drives a 2010 Pilot Touring that within the last few days she noticed the time is off by exactly one hour. I understand the time is synced via GPS. The time has previously been correct. I looked at the system information and nothing seems to have changed there. We do not live anywhere near a time zone edge, so that is not the problem. I was not able to select the “RESET” function in the clock software. I could manually adjust the clock, but it would not save the time when I exited the screen.

Tony

Tony
2018 Pilot Touring. NTF.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I need to find another 2nd gen Pilot. I don't have nearly the issues that I read here.
We'd like a Passport though but the mediocre fuel economy isn't much better than our 2005.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I need to find another 2nd gen Pilot. I don't have nearly the issues that I read here.
We'd like a Passport though but the mediocre fuel economy isn't much better than our 2005.
IMHO, the new Passport is NOT enough cheaper than a Pilot--and not enough better mpg than a Pilot to warrant a second look.

41 - 60 of 107 Posts