Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is about to drive me nuts about this issue.

She drives a 2010 Pilot Touring that within the last few days she noticed the time is off by exactly one hour. I understand the time is synced via GPS. The time has previously been correct. I looked at the system information and nothing seems to have changed there. We do not live anywhere near a time zone edge, so that is not the problem. I was not able to select the “RESET” function in the clock software. I could manually adjust the clock, but it would not save the time when I exited the screen.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tony

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2010 Honda Pilot Touring with Nav and noticed the same thing. We crossed a time zone the weekend before Christmas, and when we returned home it never updated back to our time zone.

Our reset function for the clock adjustment doesn’t seem to be working either. The manual adjustments are also not doing anything.

When I looked at the calendar it is showing 2002. Not sure if that’s related to that at all. The GPS seems to be working correctly so I am assuming its connecting to the satellites.

Matthew

·
Registered
5 Posts
Damn.. I thought I was just bein an idiot until I saw this thread. Glad to see I’m not, lol… 2011 pilot touring and have the same problem with clock and not being able to figure it out.. gonna try pullin neg cable for little bit see if that does anything

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is extremely weird. Having this SAME issue in our 2011 Pilot Touring. We noticed around 5pm EST that it suddenly jumped an hour ahead. What gives??

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot Touring
57 Posts
My clock was correct driving home right after New Year's Eve celebrations....then New Year's Day morning I noticed it was ahead by 1 hour. 2009 Pilot Touring.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Pilot Touring. Same thing happened to me. I noticed it just after New Year. Clock is one hour ahead and calendar is reading 2002. Cannot manually adjust the clock either. Looking for a fix! Glad I’m not alone here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same with my 2010 touring. I called the dealership and they are unaware yet of any complaints. I think it best to start calling dealerships complaining about the issue and report it to Honda directly so they can be aware this is happening and hopefully come out with a fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2010 Pilot Touring. Same thing happened to me. I noticed it just after New Year. Clock is one hour ahead and calendar is reading 2002. Cannot manually adjust the clock either. Looking for a fix! Glad I’m not alone here.
100% exactly the same - 2010 Pilot Touring; just noticed after New Years; Clock is one hour ahead and calendar is reading 2002...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just called my local Honda dealership. Said they had another customer call about the same issue. They setup an appointment to look at that customers vehicle. I asked if there was a fee to have it looked at and they stated "Yes, it's $139 plus tax for a diagnostics fee." YIKES!!! I opted to just give it a few days and call back. They said if it's a widespread issue and get enough complaints Honda is likely to issue a recall for the issue then it would be free. But that may take who knows how long. So If you have this issue, CALL your local dealership and complain!

·
Registered
380 Posts
This will never be a recall because it's not something that presents a significant safety risk - it's an inconvenience that appears to affect millions of older Hondas that are no longer in warranty. As a side note, software updates are normally covered only by the 3/36 new vehicle limited warranty.

The best information I've seen thus far across multiple Honda forums that I've been monitoring is this post on the Ridgeline Owners Club.

I have a 2006 RTL with nav with the same issue.
I called the Honda Owners "In Car Technology" support line. They confirmed that yes, they know about it; yes, it's affecting lots of Honda vehicles.
The two things he said:
1) the issue will fix itself in August, 2022. (he didn't say how)
2) Honda engineers are working on a solution sooner.
Oh, and diagnostic fees have been normal for several years now. :)

·
Registered
2009 Honda Pilot Touring
57 Posts
Yes, other Honda forums (CR-V, etc) report that after calling Honda, they are aware of the issue and report it will autocorrect in August 2022 but engineers are looking into it for a possible earlier fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am so happy that I found this thread! I thought I was an idiot, our 2011 Touring Honda Pilot has the same issue. The clock is one hour ahead since New Year’s Day, I have tried everything. Thank you for sharing. Hopefully this is resolved soon. I can’t live with an incorrect clock for 8 months.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,335 Posts
Have you tried checking out the Navigation manual? For the 2010 & 2011 there is an option to manually set the time. Looks like you would have to turn off auto daylight set and auto time zone.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts