Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving typically at higher speeds 60-70mph every once in a while maybe every 1/2 mile or mile the car has a slight subtle jerking sensation. However, when I put the cruise control on you cant notice or feel the jerking anymore. No check engine light comes on. Occasionally the ECO light will skip on but only sometimes can I correlate the two happening simultaneously. I have searched the chats and cant seem to find this issue anywhere. Any help?

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
VCM just kicked in yo! :p

Have you considered getting a VCMuzzler?

First scan for codes, though.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
While driving typically at higher speeds 60-70mph every once in a while maybe every 1/2 mile or mile the car has a slight subtle jerking sensation. However, when I put the cruise control on you cant notice or feel the jerking anymore. No check engine light comes on. Occasionally the ECO light will skip on but only sometimes can I correlate the two happening simultaneously. I have searched the chats and cant seem to find this issue anywhere. Any help?
As plplplpl has made reference to, your VCM operation is likely the culprit. As you are on and off the gas, some of the cylinders in your engine are on and off creating hesitation and jerking. This can be corrected by disabling the VCM. I'm using S-VCM, and it has made my Honda's with V6 engines more responsive. I would also say that keeping your transmission fluid serviced at regular intervals will improve the performance of your vehicle. Old fluid can make the problem your having worse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
As plplplpl has made reference to, your VCM operation is likely the culprit. As you are on and off the gas, some of the cylinders in your engine are on and off creating hesitation and jerking. This can be corrected by disabling the VCM. I'm using S-VCM, and it has made my Honda's with V6 engines more responsive. I would also say that keeping your transmission fluid serviced at regular intervals will improve the performance of your vehicle. Old fluid can make the problem your having worse
As plplplpl has made reference to, your VCM operation is likely the culprit. As you are on and off the gas, some of the cylinders in your engine are on and off creating hesitation and jerking. This can be corrected by disabling the VCM. I'm using S-VCM, and it has made my Honda's with V6 engines more responsive. I would also say that keeping your transmission fluid serviced at regular intervals will improve the performance of your vehicle. Old fluid can make the problem your having worse.
Get rid of eco TOXIC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts