Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
@Nail Grease Normally I'd DIY the bulk of this, but it's tougher to get things done yourself in the winter of western NY. So, I'll need to bite the bullet on the work this this time. It's been worth it to learn about repair and fix options on this from you, the piloteers community, the dealership, and my local shop too. I'll post more when I get a status from the shop.

Registered
@Nail Grease Normally I'd DIY the bulk of this, but it's tougher to get things done yourself in the winter of western NY. So, I'll need to bite the bullet on the work this this time. It's been worth it to learn about repair and fix options on this from you, the piloteers community, the dealership, and my local shop too. I'll post more when I get a status from the shop.
With only 97k miles on this Pilot, If your vehicle were mine, I'd jump in head 1st with no fears. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@Nail Grease - Here's a photo of my plugs from the shop.

All coils are bone dry. Proceeding with new plugs and full timing belt job, fluids, tensioner, water pump, serpentine. Whole show. Should be out for under $1400. Worth it.

Registered
@Nail Grease - Here's a photo of my plugs from the shop.

All coils are bone dry. Proceeding with new plugs and full timing belt job, fluids, tensioner, water pump, serpentine. Whole show. Should be out for under $1400. Worth it.
View attachment 143739
Definitely oil in the cylinders of the top 3 plugs. Disabling the VCM will help a lot. I'm glad that none of the plugs were caked up.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts