Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three months ago I had a collant leak that required my radiator to be replaced. Just days ago I got a VTM-4 light, a VSA! light and an engine light. I pull over right away and noticed my oil temp gauge was at Hot. As I came to a stop I got a battery and oil light. I shut the engine off and lifted the hood. I towed it into a mechanic and the next day they said it was fine and a clamp came loose, leaking all the coolant. I started the car and it vibrated abnormally but I decided to monitor it. The next morning I get high vibes and a blinking engine light on my way out. Towed it to the same mechanic and was later told I had a P0305 cylinder 5 misfire. After a long look they say I now need a new engine. SMH... How in the world does this happen? I have 190k kilometres on the engine. Someone please shed some light for me.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Running hot = most likly blown head gasket and/or warped head. Would think the engine could be rebuilt.

Note that clamps don't just come loose. The mechanic that replaced the radiator didn't complete the job properly.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Running hot = most likly blown head gasket and/or warped head. Would think the engine could be rebuilt.

Note that clamps don't just come loose. The mechanic that replaced the radiator didn't complete the job properly.
I have to agree with this one ... that stupid mechanic just costed you a new engine ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts