Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Honda pilot EX-L I was curious to know if I can upgrade and stay oem I'd like to go with a factory Navigation set up can I just switch out everything and will it be compatible

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,823 Posts
Welcome to the forum perhaps you should check the audio and electronics section in this forum to determine if anyone has tried to do what you are asking and if the wiring for the nav system is part of the non-nav ex-l model so you wouldn’t have to add additional wiring I hope this helps

·
Registered
385 Posts
Both my cars have factory nav but I use my phone more. Dont have to pay to update it every year and can change addresses while driving. The only real benefit is if you live in an area with poor cell reception the gps is used

·
Registered
692 Posts
Nav and non-Nav are highly different in terms of modules present, wiring, etc. You need to replace pretty much entire center stack (climate controls, display, trim to accommodate it). Unless you have EX-L with factory RES, you need to install the OEM amplifier. Many harnesses are different. Fuse boxes are different. If you have an RES and there is an OEM amplifier, it makes things a bit easier. If you have access to a junked EX-L Nav or Touring that you can rip for components, it is doable, but still a major amount of work. The biggest issue, however, is that for all that expense and effort, you are getting a very limited and grossly outdated system.

You can use this trim kit

And either install a single-DIN unit with a floating screen, like this one:

Or you can mod that trim kit somewhat and fit a double-DIN unit there.

Another option is getting one of those:
But those are a bit of a dark horse in terms of support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts