Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I want to replace the cloudy headlights on our 2010 Touring. Are the newer model headlight housings superior and/or compatible? Thanks

And you didn't want to just use a headlight restore kit for this? Wouldn't it not be cheaper? Most All headlights will eventually go yellow ..or cloudy ...
Oem or aftermarket... Unless they are damaged or You want to go with an LED / HID setup there are threads of members done this already...

Search is your friend :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have mentioned that I've been using the lens restore kits for many years. We used to keep the car stored outside and the lenses are shot from the sun here. Now that we have it garaged, I don't want to keep up with that short lived maintenance. I'm curious if the OEM housings on the newer models are superior in some way. If not, I'll replace with the originals. Thanks

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
makes more sense ... i would just swap and call it a day

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sorry I should have mentioned that I've been using the lens restore kits for many years. We used to keep the car stored outside and the lenses are shot from the sun here. Now that we have it garaged, I don't want to keep up with that short lived maintenance. I'm curious if the OEM housings on the newer models are superior in some way. If not, I'll replace with the originals. Thanks
If yours use H11 low beam bulbs I would say other than rearranging where each light is in the housing there probably isn't much difference in performance. The only thing I can think that may be functionally different is don't the early 2nd gens have the high beam and a dedicated DRL stacked on the inside of the headlight? On the 2.5 gen the turn signal is on top and the high beam on bottom runs at half power as the DRL.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I read somewhere that the UV protection on aftermarket lenses don't last as long as OEM - long enough that you're out of warranty on the part but not years and years like when new. If you're not using a UV protectant on reconditioned lenses then you're getting all the time you could out of the refinishing job.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Try sourcing some decent used OEM lenses. I've always been satisfied with their performance and wouldn't want to mess with aftermarket since they're known to have poor optics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I JUST restored my headlights in my ‘09 with 120k for the first time and I’m in love with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts