Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So finally got around to replacing the OEM headunit on my 2010 Pilot Ex-L. Non-navi
Purchased a JVC KW -V66BT radio and the Sirius Tuner.

My wife drives the pilot and she only listens to satellite radio. Since the OEM headunit was starting to act up with switching between sources. I figured might as well just replace this with a modern radio.

Since I have an aftermarket RES unit, I needed something with AV-input, Carplay compatibilities, and Satelite Radio. However, I ended up also buying RF door speakers, and an MBQuart amplified subwoofer that i'll place under the 2nd row seats.
Didnt take that many photos since I was in a rush to get this installed and leave with the family.

I used the metra dash kit and hacked it up a bit. Still have to trim the upper plastic since there gap is still visible.
Also, the side garnishes I did trim down a bit but I feel I cut to much off the Left side. Might go to the junk yard and see if I can get those panels and just cut them a bit better.
There are a couple of other things im waiting to complete which are:

Have to buy a new AV-in cable since you have to use a specific one.
Install Antenna adapter
Run an RCA to my overheard display for Video OUT (from radio)
Replace interior door speakers
Install subwoofer under seat
Run Rca and Power cable for amp

I think thats about it for now.

Here are the pics I did take.

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks good, but yeah, that left trim is cut a bit too much. What about steering wheel controls? You got an adapter installed? Also, backup camera - it should be fairly easy to rewire it to show on the new head screen instead of/in addition to the in-mirror screen.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
494 Posts
Once you cut them down you might want to try sand paper to smooth it down.

Also what did you cut it with?

You may want to try a larger, more heavy duty utility knife.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good, but yeah, that left trim is cut a bit too much. What about steering wheel controls? You got an adapter installed? Also, backup camera - it should be fairly easy to rewire it to show on the new head screen instead of/in addition to the in-mirror screen.
Sorry about that. I do have steering wheel control. I used a PAC SWI-CP5
I didnt get to wire the backup camera yet but I did find the wires I need to tap in the mirror harness. For now, I have the reverse cam and RCA connections to the radio and tucked it up under the dash for when I get a chance to wire it up. I'll leave the OEM backup cam intact and will just turn it off from the mirror.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Once you cut them down you might want to try sand paper to smooth it down.

Also what did you cut it with?

You may want to try a larger, more heavy duty utility knife.
I used my dremel to trim it down. Shouldnt have used the high speed setting though = (

·
Registered
2019 Pilot Elite
494 Posts
I used my dremel to trim it down. Shouldnt have used the high speed setting though = (

I like your style....

those trim pieces should be easy to find on ebay or a pick lot. I think it could have been much worse but this is probably best left for when you have a higher level of patience and no booze in the system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts