Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had my 2010 Pilot (with 89,000 miles) tuned up via new timing belt, water pump (Aisin kit), new PCV valve, NGK plugs, multi- v belt and idler. These are the plugs that came out of it and I have purchased a S-VCM controller to install after I make sure everything is operating properly. I just wanted to get any opinions on these plugs, they are the factory plugs (12 years and 89k)

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Yes, they look like factory spark plugs.
A VCM disabling device should help keep those spark plugs cleaner.
Were the spark plug tubes dry, oil free?
If you haven't done so, you might also clean the Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). This will help the air fuel mixture. This is done by removing it, then with CRC Electronic cleaner or MAF cleaner spray a few short bursts directly into the electrodes. Let dry thoroughly before re-installing. (You may know this)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the mechanic the tubes were dry and I will do the the MAF cleaning (I did it on my old explorer years ago). I looked over the sensor this weekend and it looks perfectly clean, but still a good idea. I was just glad to see all of the plugs were pretty close and nothing unusual. Hopefully synthetic oil since new has helped too .....I have been religious about 4000-5000 oil changes.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Your spark plugs are very typical of what an active VCM will do. Just take it out on some long highway speed drives after the S-VCM is installed. Should clean up nicely. 😁👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts