Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I have a 2009 Touring Pilot and I am unable to open the hatch and the rear glass. If I manually open the rear hatch I can close it with the trunk button, key fob, and using the trunk release inside the truck. Once it is closed, nothing opens it, there is no clicking noise anywhere.

I have read many posts about malfunctioning hatch switch but I find it strange that everything works to close the hatch. It is almost as if the logic to open the hatch\glass release button is malfunctioning and it thinks the doors are still locked.

I also tired disconnecting the battery for several minutes.

Anyhow, any ideas will be greatly appreciated!!

Pat

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I still have not figured this one out....

I have noticed that if i leave the hatchglass open for long period ( over night), the battey drains.
All interior ligths have been turned off so I am puzzeled as to why the battery woould drain.
Perhaos it is linked to the Issue I am having with unlocking \ openeding the tailgate.

Has any seen this or have any advise on tracking why the battery would drain ?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI ,

Incase anyone need this the issue has been solved.

There was a break in the door wiring harness near the hinge. I will be ordering a new harness but patched if for now.
Using a scanner I saw that the rear left door knob (unlock) switch was always off. One of the requirement to have the tunk unlocked, is to have all door knob (unlock) switches set to ON.

Here's a pic in case anyone else faces a similar problem

View attachment 155829 .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts