Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 Pilot stalls out when I start it on an incline. No problems with flat surfaces. The vehicle does not stall out when its running. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
My 2009 Pilot stalls out when I start it on an incline. No problems with flat surfaces. The vehicle does not stall out when its running. Any Ideas?
Is there a check engine light?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The check engine light had gone on and I received Code PO171 (Bank 1 too lean) and PO174 ( Left bank 2 too lean). the engine light went off and had not gone on again (about a month now). The week before I had added gumout to the gas tank. The stall out happens when the car is facing down the incline as I start the vehicle. Also as I try to back the vehicle up the incline it will stall. Thanks

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,872 Posts
Well so much for a weak fuel pump/fuel system pressure though.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
The check engine light had gone on and I received Code PO171 (Bank 1 too lean) and PO174 ( Left bank 2 too lean). the engine light went off and had not gone on again (about a month now). The week before I had added gumout to the gas tank. The stall out happens when the car is facing down the incline as I start the vehicle. Also as I try to back the vehicle up the incline it will stall. Thanks
It could be that the fuel isn't being pumped from the tank because it's level is to low.
As far as your engine codes. I'd start with the basic maintenance items.
Air Filter
Clean the MAF
Check for cracked intake tube
Replace PCV valve
Use a top tier 87 octane fuel

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts
Did the problem occur before you added Gumout to the fuel tank?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts