Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I back out of parking spaces and have the wheels turned, it feels like the car is fighting the steering. On a few occasions, the car shakes. It feels like the drive train is in a bind. I am wondering if one of the transfer cases isn't releasing. I just changed the transmission oil. It doesn't do this every time.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
If you have 4WD/AWD- there is only 1 transfer case technically.
If it otherwise drives well.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking differential instead of transfer case.

It steers like one of the axles is locked (posi-traction). I only notice this in reverse.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I am thinking differential instead of transfer case.

It steers like one of the axles is locked (posi-traction). I only notice this in reverse.
Take a peek down under to see whether you have the rear rusty sub-frame mount conundrum otherwise you've had routine rear diff, t/c, trans fluid service, right?

·
Registered
129 Posts
When I back out of parking spaces and have the wheels turned, it feels like the car is fighting the steering. On a few occasions, the car shakes. It feels like the drive train is in a bind. I am wondering if one of the transfer cases isn't releasing. I just changed the transmission oil. It doesn't do this every time.
First I would check the transmission fluid. Is it up to the line and red? Did you add the correct ATF?

Then I would check on binding brakes. First make sure the parking brake is off. Then drive the vehicle and then get out and put your hand near each of the four wheels near the brake rotor - do not actually touch the rotor it may be very hot - see if one wheel is hotter than the rest. If so your caliper is binding/stuck or there is some other brake issue. Eliminate this simple and common problem before you chase a drivetrain issue which is highly unlikely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts