Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2009 Pilot

1324 3
Hi All,
I am new to this forum. I have an 09 Pilot with 251K miles on it, and I feel like I am on borrowed time with this truck. I am amazed that it lasted this long, and I do not want to let it go. However I am trying to prepare for the inevitable. The problem is that I am pretty sure that I cannot afford to buy another Pilot, but I have become so accustomed to it's reliability. So I guess I am just asking for opinions on a couple of things... How much longer do you think I can rely on my Pilot? (not holding anyone to their "guesstimate") My second question is... can you any of you suggest a truck that may cost less and have good reliability? I have 2 kids, so I am still looking for a truck with some room for kids and soccer, etc...

I am sad to think that I have to let it go.. but I have to start planning...
thanks for reading..
Shep
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,183 Posts
Unless it’s rusting out or failing left and right I don’t know why you’d think it was on borrowed time. Cons disabling the VCM with a product like s-vcm to improve reliability if you haven’t already. Transmissions on these are fairly reliable and should be available from junk yards should you ever need one. Engines are far more problematic but can still be sourced pretty easily. With a competent mechanic and tbelt changes you should be able to keep it on the road it a long time.

Regarding replacements you can alway buy another of the same thing. Used cars are expensive right now but when you need one they may not be.

· Registered
379 Posts
My '09 is at 152,000 and even with questionable maintenance (it was a lease and then a guy owned it to 93k miles when I got it, and the maintenance history was a stack of jiffy lube stickers) it has been a great car and after I've done some work on it, it's smoother than ever. Reading all the posts and advice here I feel certain I can keep it running great for as many miles as I care to. There's cars with 300,00+ and a few with 500,000 I've seen on here.

It's part of the appeal actually, I want to be one of the people who has a car going strong for so many miles.

Hang on to it and make it last, I say

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.