Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm Bob, and I'm new to the forums. I have a 2009 Honda pilot EX-L. I been having issues with the front and rear washer fluid not coming out, and the rear wiper not working at all. Checked all the fuses. Checked the wire runs. Nothing. I can hear the relays clicking. I wouldn't think both motors would crap out at the same time. It's a strange situation, on top of that my interior lights barely work (only 1 does) and never have in the year I owned it after changing them out, maybe this is a similar issue? I don't know.

Another side not, has anyone had issues with the torque steer? This thing pulls to the right when accelerating. If I shift into neutral and coast I stay straight.

Think that's all the problems I have for now. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Did you check all the fuse boxes (engine compartment and in the cabin)?

What method did you use to determine the fuse was good? If visually inspected the fuse might look okay. Ohm meter is the better method.

Did your interior lights work prior to you changing them out?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Have you verified that any relays associated with the interior lights are functioning properly? If you can get your hands on a wiring diagram that would be helpful.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Messed around with the lights a bit, they work fine, couple bulbs out and a broken connection, wasn't ever a concern of mine but ruled out now. Washer still not working nor rear wiper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you hear the pump motor running or just the relay clicking? Any leaks? I had a broken windshield washer hose that prevented water from getting to the glass, it was dumping on the ground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No leaks, just the relay clicking, no sound of motors. Strange how both motors would go at the same time given that I barely use the rear. And the rear wiper motor doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Have you tried nudging the rear wiper blade, after turning it on, to see if the motor is stuck? I recall someone had that issue and ended up oiling it up to get it working again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had a similar issue on my 09. There is a screen at the connection point where the resivor attaches to the little pump which gets clogged/gummed up with the washer fluid. I pulled the motor and the screen and gave it a rinse and was good as new. Best of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I'm Bob, and I'm new to the forums. I have a 2009 Honda pilot EX-L. I been having issues with the front and rear washer fluid not coming out, and the rear wiper not working at all. Checked all the fuses. Checked the wire runs. Nothing. I can hear the relays clicking. I wouldn't think both motors would crap out at the same time. It's a strange situation, on top of that my interior lights barely work (only 1 does) and never have in the year I owned it after changing them out, maybe this is a similar issue? I don't know.

Another side not, has anyone had issues with the torque steer? This thing pulls to the right when accelerating. If I shift into neutral and coast I stay straight.

Think that's all the problems I have for now. Thanks!
I also have 2009 EXL Pilot Which I bought a few months back. It had not been driven over the winter and one of the problems I encountered was the rear wiper not working. I took the wiper assembly off and striped it down. The shaft was seized in the body. I freed it up and now works great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts