Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something's up electrically, mechanically or both on the tailgate of my 2009 Pilot. When shut, a clicking noise can be heard every few seconds, as if it's trying to latch but can't. And it doesn't seem to properly latch every time when closed - I often have to open and shut it repeatedly until it latches properly (and the clicking continues). If I lock everything with the key fob, the clicking stops.

I could replace the actuator, the button (on the inside of the handle), or both. Is it most likely one of these, & any idea which... what to start with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Something's up electrically, mechanically or both on the tailgate of my 2009 Pilot. When shut, a clicking noise can be heard every few seconds, as if it's trying to latch but can't. And it doesn't seem to properly latch every time when closed - I often have to open and shut it repeatedly until it latches properly (and the clicking continues). If I lock everything with the key fob, the clicking stops.

I could replace the actuator, the button (on the inside of the handle), or both. Is it most likely one of these, & any idea which... what to start with?

Thanks!
Have you tried a little machine oil on the locking mechanism. Things get dusty and dry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good morning bmears. I had the exact same problem with my '09. It ended up being water in the touch pad switch for the rear hatch causing it to make contact even when not being pressed. I replaced the switch and all has been good for over a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts