Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I did the search for days and have had no luck finding the information one way or another on this. My OEM rear view camera has died due to corrosion, MN winters suck. This much I know its a four pin plug on the harness
12v, GND, Video, and video GND I assume haven't did major testing yet. Has anyone successfully wired in an aftermarket replacement camera into the system, this is not worth the $300 that Honda wants for the assembly and I know enough about this stuff to wire it up but, if someone has done it why try to reinvent the wheel.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rear Camera replacment.

Wow, it couldn't be any easier. Tore into the Tailgate and gave it a whirl, it's a bit of work to get to the parts but hey you would have to do that anyway. Removed the trim panel then the harness with the camera attached and removed the tape from the harness to remove the camera. The White Plug with the six pins (5 used ) is the one and the colors are pretty much standard as far as wires go, (RED +V), (BLK GND),(WHT V-GND), (YEL V-SIG), and (TAN Shield). The goofy thing was the plug had an extra set of wires sticking out of it so I used those to experiment with. It really is just take your camera of choice I picked a $20 unit off amazon and cut the old plug off and solder the wires together correctly just be smart enough to make your connections on the dry side of the tailgate and come up with a way to mount the camera to the trim panel and boom.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you please provide us with ASIN number for the Amazon camera you brought, the picture quality is good. Also any rear mirror upgrade ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up an aftermarket camera and matched up the 12 volt supply and the video output and ground and it works like a charm. An xbc6-1004-blk from www xtremecables com.
I bought it as a complete camera and screen set but only needed to change the camera ( original corroded and failed from salt and moisture).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts