Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the torque specs for a 2009 Lower control arm? In the image below, the torques I need are for:

#16 Ball Joint castle nut torque
#14 Control Arm bushing bolt torque
#15 Compliance Arm bolt to Frame torque
#25 Compliance Bushing NUT torque

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've attached a Lower Control Arm PDF service bulletin for a 2009 Pilot. The document has all the needed torque specs. I hope it helps someone.

The replacement process was not too tough but it was a significant amount of work/time at least for me. I had to replace the whole control arm because my local dealer could not get a set of compliance bushings for well over a week.

*** Tip ***
When you separate the ball joint from the steering knuckle, try not to extract the steel sleeve bushing that the ball joint slides into. My ball joint separated with the steel sleeve. I then had to separate the steel sleeve bushing from the ball joint using a pickle fork and heat. Damaging the ball joint was not a concern for me since I was replacing the whole control arm. Be careful with the steel sleeve though. You need to put that back into the steering knuckle. Honda does not sell the steel sleeve bushing as a separate part SO if you destroy it you will end up having to buy a whole control arm from Honda. My local big box part stores did not sell the steel sleeve bushing either. Honda quoted me $725 for the lower control arm replacement which comes with the compliance bushing and the steering knuckle steel sleeve bushing.

Best of luck.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts