Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2009 Pilot EX - Splice Trailer Harness Connection

7132 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  cheygreg
Has anyone spliced the trailer harness connection instead of buying the $40 connector? I want to cut off the male connector included with the Pilot (leave 3-4 inches in case it needs to be put back) and splice in a 4 pin connector. Anyone have a diagram or able to identify each wire going into this connector pictured in the attached?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,930 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
1,930 Posts
Thanks for the effort, but that doesn't help. I plan to tow my boat 300 miles Friday morning. I had seen this post and looked into purchasing the connector, but it would not ship in time. I just bought my pilot 5 days ago. Anyway, still plan to cut off the male connector and tie wires together. Any ID on those wires is appreciated.
try this

Attachments

· Registered
1,930 Posts
Results were bad. Do not use the diagram above. When I figure it out, I will provide more info.
MayBe you do not have all the relays and fuses installed, did you check the feeds from the Pilot trailer wire harness to see if the 7 pins activated individually to the test probe....Right, left and brake and tail lights??

· Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone spliced the trailer harness connection instead of buying the $40 connector? I want to cut off the male connector included with the Pilot (leave 3-4 inches in case it needs to be put back) and splice in a 4 pin connector. Anyone have a diagram or able to identify each wire going into this connector pictured in the attached?
Did you ever figure out how to splice into it? I need to add a 4 flat today

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.