Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I found the source of the clicking sound in my 2009 Pilot EX-L, but I'm having trouble locating the replacement part number.

Here's picture from under my dash, when I unplug the connector the noise stops

IMG_0991_2.jpg
I found this online but it looks different then the part in the vehicle.
79350-SZA-A01

Any help locating the proper part would be appreciated.

Tom

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think that is the driver side temperature blend (mix) motor. You can tell by the location under the aspirator and behind the heater duct. They tend to spazz out and constantly twitch.

For some reason the diagram shows two parts numbers for the same thing at the same price. You may want to pull off your bad one and check the part number.

79160-SZA-305

79160-SZA-305 - Honda Parts Now

79160-STX-A41

79160-STX-A41 - Honda Parts Now

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that is the driver side temperature blend (mix) motor. You can tell by the location under the aspirator and behind the heater duct. They tend to spazz out and constantly twitch.

For some reason the diagram shows two parts numbers for the same thing at the same price. You may want to pull off your bad one and check the part number.

79160-SZA-305

79160-SZA-305 - Honda Parts Now

79160-STX-A41

79160-STX-A41 - Honda Parts Now
Called the local Honda dealer parts department and based on VIN they said it's part #79160-SZA-305. I ordered it, should arrive Monday.

Thank you!

Tom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replace actuator with this part 79160-SZA-305, took about 20 minutes total. Three screws.

Noise is gone! Problem solved...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Glad it worked out. This has been on my list for a while. Driver mix motor (your issue) and mode motor which goes out from time to time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts