Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I don't have a lot of time to poke around in the dash myself. So maybe one of you can help save me some time.

Here's the deal. 2009 no nav RES. Replaced the head unit. Going to attempt to use an old style stand-alone car dvd player and use the RES as the monitor with the infrared headphones for audio output.

I'll tack the diagram to the bottom of this post.

• Obviously power and ground are still there.
  • F13 Yellow from the dash F-plug is trigger power
  • NTSC I am assuming is video signal? So F2(yel) = +video signal, F16(brn) = -video signal
  • HP I am assuming is audio signal? So F11(wht) and F12(blk) are R & L audio+ with a common Gnd = F10(red)
  • Can I ignore the SCTY2 and SCTY3? Or does it need to be jumped the RES to work?
  • I think I can also skip the GA-Net because the RES no longer needs the signal feed from the other system components?
- If the above 2 are true then skip needing to do anything with the A-harness and should be set with the simple 'switch, vid, aud', right?

Please tell me if I am crazy. I've searched through what feels like 100 topics and haven't found anything in this wheelhouse. Please forgive me because I am terible at searching the forum but I think I have done my best to find something before posting.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I feel like a dumbass. Its been a long time since I've messed with any of this stuff. So let me just turn this into an answer for future tinkerers

No, no you can't use the stock RES. The Ga-Net is a signal that communicates between components to stop them from working without one another. Unless you somehow figure out how to use the old headunit as the dvd player, its just not going to work.

Good luck

·
Registered
749 Posts
Yeah, communication is via signals on the bus. You should be able to reuse the A/V and headphone jacks in the rear center console though - depending on what I/O is suported by the new head.

You might consider replacing OEM RES with an aftermarket screen option, such as:

You do not mention what is your new head, but you need to make sure you get a screen that accepts the inputs your head provides.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts