Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
I noticed that some of the controls on the stock audio system affect other things. What functionality would I 'lose' if I switched to an aftermarket audio system? So far I have identified:
  1. The clock, or time display
  2. The Display of meta data such as song or artist with certain stations
These seem relatively unimportant, and might be recovered in a decent aftermarket radio. Is there anything else I missed? Are there any other 'gotchas' that I shuld be aware of?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
31 Posts
  1. The clock, or time display
  2. The Display of meta data such as song or artist with certain stations
These seem relatively unimportant, and might be recovered in a decent aftermarket radio.
Aftermarket radios will cover the clock, and if you get an aftermarket radio with the "RDS" feature (the data system used to retrieve information over the radio), you'll retain song/artist information also.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Factory head unit has a built-in amp for the sub in the rear of the car. It is a so-so amp and a rather poor sub, but it is a sub. If you want good bass with aftermarket HU, you want to get a properly sized shallow mount sub and a mono amp to drive it. In my previous 2007 Pilot, I went with a 12" Pioneer shallow sub which fit the stock location perfectly, and a BOSS mono amp mounted under passenger seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts