Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were driving around doing errands and out of no where the cars starts making this noise there was a tiny bit of smoke coming from the front of the engine next to the alternator. The next day the battery was drained however we did get the sound recorded. Has any one heard this sound or have any clues? The battery is dead now, alternator was confirmed not the problem.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Pretty sure it's your a/c compressor relay. It is a common problem. When it fails your compressor never turns off. The sound you are hearing is the pressure relief valve releaseing refrigerant. That's also the smoke you saw. Replace the relay and check the refrigerant level. You can get the relay at autozone, O'Reilly, ect for under $10.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chernabog

·
Registered
594 Posts
Pretty sure it's your a/c compressor relay. It is a common problem. When it fails your compressor never turns off. The sound you are hearing is the pressure relief valve releaseing refrigerant. That's also the smoke you saw. Replace the relay and check the refrigerant level. You can get the relay at autozone, O'Reilly, ect for under $10.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Nailed it. When I replaced mine, I bought a spare to keep in the car just in case.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts