Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning after getting breakfast at the drive-thru, I rolled up the windows & turned on the AC. Right away the battery light went on, followed by the rest of the dash lights I as I made my way home. The center dash LCD went out & followed by Limp mode(I guess) where it would accelerate very slowly from a dead stop. Once home, I parked it turned it off. Popped the hood & did a quick look over & saw/smelled nothing obvious. Turned the key to see what would happen; dash lights up but no effort to start. I had to go to work so that's where she sits. Wondering where to start when I return...

·
Registered
2011 Pilot EX-L
145 Posts
I'd start by checking battery and alternator (measure battery voltage, starting voltage drop and then volts at idle and around 2K rpm). Had something very similar happen after my alternator got fried by oil sipping through the valve cover gasket leak. Eventually battery got discharged to the point where it wouldn't be able to put it into gear.
Then run your OBD scan and see what else could be going on.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I'd start by checking battery and alternator (measure battery voltage, starting voltage drop and then volts at idle and around 2K rpm). Had something very similar happen after my alternator got fried by oil sipping through the valve cover gasket leak. Eventually battery got discharged to the point where it wouldn't be able to put it into gear.
Then run your OBD scan and see what else could be going on.
Very good to sugest to look for the oil drip alternator killer. Oil can leak from the VVT solenoid assembly gasket that's right above the oil dipstick.

Reactions: Kowalski _V.P.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts