Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 Honda Pilot Timing belt broke, took it to local City Garage and was told Engine needs to be replace after they did Engine Diagnose. I cannot find Engine locally from Junk Yard. Looking for a suggestion, is it better for me to get 2nd opinion from Honda Dealership regarding replacing Engine replacement.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,259 Posts
There are several remanufactured business on line. Their reliability is unknown. If you want peace of mind then the dealership might be better.

2009 Honda Pilot rebuilt engine

·
Registered
9,356 Posts
Are they sure the entire engine is ruined? In many cases, the heads can be replaced. I'd remove heads and inspect pistons.
Independent mechanics can save you some $. I'd get quotes. Let them do the leg work of finding the right engine or head replacement.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Agree with the advice so far.
09? How many miles? Very often, the valves hit the piston when this timing belt breaks, causing some serious damage, Heads needing to be re-done, etc.
It it's already fairly high miles- especially with a questionable preventative maintenance schedule ( timing belt broke?- how often to you change the oil?- and nothing todo with timing belt breaking, but the other systems in the motor).

Often, It's way better and as cheap or cheaper at some point just to get another newer engine for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts