Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a trusted local mechanic, but wanted to be sure this was a fair price, parts are around $600, labor $300, the most expensive parts he said were the bushings at $442, which seem very high for bushings?

·
Registered
603 Posts
It depends on what he is quoting you.

OEM compliance bushings cost around $200 each. Stabilizer bar links are $20, OEM or aftermarket. So if he is quoting OEM parts, yes that's about right....

Most people on an out of warranty vehicle will just replace the entire control arm. This comes with a new compliance bushing, ball joint, and control arm bushing, all of which will be worn on a 11 year old vehicle. These are about $250 in parts, and require slightly more labor. Either way, its $700-$900 for that approach typically.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm running Mevotech compliance bushings (MS60466 and MS60467) which are available for $30 each through Rock Auto. I've only had them on since last summer so not long enough to prove durability but so far no issues. The ones I got back then were made in Canada and had perfect OE fitment.

Mevotech also makes the control arm which Rock Auto lists for around $85 each (GS601044 and GS601043). There are only 3 reviews for each on Amazon but they are good. If you look at the reviews for their other products they are very consistently good.

Edit: It seems Mevotech also makes polyurethane bushing control arms (CMS601043 and CMS601044) for a bit more money. I've had poly bushing and prefer the comfort of rubber. The poly is great for handling and longevity but they can be quite noisy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's a trusted local mechanic, but wanted to be sure this was a fair price, parts are around $600, labor $300, the most expensive parts he said were the bushings at $442, which seem very high for bushings?
I put both lower control arm bushings (compliance bushing) on 2011 Pilot Touring last week for $56.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts