Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

We just did our 90K service with transmission fluid drain and refill a few months ago,vehcile is at 91500miles, vehicle has been driving fine past few months. Friday wife saw the Check engine light come on and then I saw it on sunday again and took it to Autozone and pulled the code as

P0847 - 3rd Pressure SW Circuit Low

I did google around and some folks got the AT Oil pressure switch (28610-R36-004) replaced to fix this, should i look into swapping this out and reset the code and see if it comes back on or take it to the shop and get an orderly look at it?

Thoughts? I just dont want to start spending money and this code lingers on, what has been people's experience and recommended route to get this fixed?

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
Hello

We just did our 90K service with transmission fluid drain and refill a few months ago,vehcile is at 91500miles, vehicle has been driving fine past few months. Friday wife saw the Check engine light come on and then I saw it on sunday again and took it to Autozone and pulled the code as

P0847 - 3rd Pressure SW Circuit Low

I did google around and some folks got the AT Oil pressure switch (28610-R36-004) replaced to fix this, should i look into swapping this out and reset the code and see if it comes back on or take it to the shop and get an orderly look at it?

Thoughts? I just dont want to start spending money and this code lingers on, what has been people's experience and recommended route to get this fixed?
It sounds like you replaced the correct part. Did the light not go off on its own? If not, your connector may be the problem. A bad wire or an oil soaked connector. Are the gears shifting smoothly? More specifically 3rd gear.

What condition was the fluid that you drained out?
What ATF Fluid did you use?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the genuine honda ATF, fluid was still looking good when replaced. The gears are shifting fine. I havent replaced the part yet and trying to figure the right course of action before i pick a route.

·
Registered
9,507 Posts
I used the genuine honda ATF, fluid was still looking good when replaced. The gears are shifting fine. I havent replaced the part yet and trying to figure the right course of action before i pick a route.
It's likely the switch. Just check to make sure the conector and wire harness is in good shape. Not oil soaked or corroded.
If you live where the summer heat is brutal, you may want to switch to Full Synthetic Valvoline MaxLife ATF. It's a thinner fluid and works great in the 5-speed transmission.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your input, the light went away in 2 days by itself and I didn't notice any difference in the drive. Regardless, i got the switch replaced today with my mechanic, there was no leak on the cable etc, he charged $40 bucks for the replacement and I bought the switch from a Honda dealer on ebay. Hopefully it is all good fro here, fingers crossed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts