Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just started the process of fitting a double din into my 2009 Pilot EX-L. I’m on a budget so if y’all are interested as I go I can let you know what have done. Thanks for looking and if anyone has any suggestion please let me know.

So this it the Scosche single Din (HA1711B) had to cut the middle away, trim the top and gut part of the pocket and with a little heat mold it to the unit. The Stereo is the Sony XAV-AX100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice work there. I wish we had a ready-made double din dash kit. Strange that Honda designed the dash in that weird V shape.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just started the process of fitting a double din into my 2009 Pilot EX-L. I’m on a budget so if y’all are interested as I go I can let you know what have done. Thanks for looking and if anyone has any suggestion please let me know.

So this it the Scosche single Din (HA1711B) had to cut the middle away, trim the top and gut part of the pocket and with a little heat mold it to the unit. The Stereo is the Sony XAV-AX100.
Like to see the final install. Can you post some updated pics? Getting ready to do the same and love any tips you might have.. Crazy no one makes an aftermarket Double DIN for this model...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Thread is over 1 year old, so chances of seeing the final are slim by now. Reason why there is no double DIN kit is those kits are designed to fit cars without cutting any of the factory stuff, and you have to trim away a bit on the Pilot to get the double-DIN in there. The good news is, that kit works fairly well for double DINs once you cut away some of it - and the audio swap itself is fairly straightforward.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts