Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The VSA and check engine lights have been on for over a year. Pandemic started and I didn't drive as much so it hasn't bothered me. At first, the car would shut off when accelerating too quickly, but I've realized that keeping it under 300 RPMs lets me drive fine. The issue is that a year ago I was told it would be 3k just for parts to fix the issue with the VSA. The other day somebody told me it could easily just be a quicker, cheaper fix, but I can't remember what he said it could be! If it helps, the codes on the check engine light are P2647, P2649, P0154 and P2254. Any ideas based off of this information? (I can't take it to the mechanic right now; my alternator went out and until that's replaced, it can't leave the driveway. Was hoping to do the alternator and fix the VSA issue at the same time if possible).

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
P0154
Possible Causes
  • Faulty Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1
  • Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
  • Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
  • Inappropriate fuel pressure
  • Faulty fuel injectors
  • Intake air leaks
  • Exhaust gas leaks
P2254
Possible Causes
  • Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 harness is open or shorted
  • Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1 circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Bank 2 Sensor 1
These 2 fault codes indicate you have a problem with the sensor screwed into the top of the catalytic converter that's front and center. It may need replacing if the wiring checks out and isn't disconnected or fouled by an oil spill or something like that.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
Also do a quick check for a cracked air intake tube. It happens and who knows, it might be related to your codes if there's an air intake leak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts