Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I was trying to replace my vtec gasket / or vvt unit . One of the wiring harnesses pops right out , the other is a different design. I have seen videos on the odyssey where they disconnect it from the top but on my Honda it is mounted right next to another connection and behind the engine . Can’t get to it from above at all and can’t seem to separate it from below. It is the smaller wire . Any hints or tips?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
CB63E7C4-3460-4FD8-9293-DF4F0E122BD2_1557251023568.gif I posted the part diagram, the smaller wire connector I can not disconnect is the one above “35” in the image.

Found this video of a 2005 , my 2008 vp seems to have the same setup, but the video doesn’t really help, cut (edited) at the step I need . It’s long if you watch 12:20 to 14:02 you will see where I am stuck. YouTube

I wasn't able to get the connector off, but I took a chance and undid the three bolts, however, I then realized that my Napa dealer had given me the wrong part number. My gasket wasn't brittle, so I cleaned everything and but it all back together. Does anyone have the part numbers for the gasket in the image from NAPA or elsewhere (as well as the harder to find internal gasket for this part)? Of course suggestions on how to get the wiring connector off would still be appreciated as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts