Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’m upgrading the stereo and speakers. Everything was going easy until I got to the rear subwoofer. Seems like most folks just cut and run leaving it to rot quietly in the back. I’m fine with that but IF I can easily replace it with a plug and play speaker, I’d like to do that.

I’ve been looking in the forums and am a bit confused as to how best proceed. An older thread mentioned Panasonic low profile speakers but that’s apparently dated.

I don’t need a huge speaker, I’m just looking to make the stock look perform better for classic rock, and talk radio. So tight bass is fine. No amps or what not.

Your assistance is appreciated.

·
Administrator
15,585 Posts
There are a bunch of old threads in the audio section.
You'll have to go digging!

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
In my 06 when i upgraded my stereo to the GPS version I opted to use an aftermarket amp and I used the existing factory sub .. Walmart special single channel since the sub maxs out at 2ohms.
no complaints still got the bass when needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alpine KTP-190U is what I used. It’s a mini amp that will power the factory sub by wiring it into your wiring harness.
Also you don’t need to run a power wire, rca, remote wire

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alpine KTP-190U is what I used. It’s a mini amp that will power the factory sub by wiring it into your wiring harness.
Looking into this KTP-190U per your suggestion. I currently have a Pioneer aftermarket head unit, but think this would do the trick by bringing back the lost bass from the factory sub. Although, I also bought an amp wiring kit a while back, so with the aftermarket head unit I'm really only an amp and sub purchase away from having a bit of an upgrade back there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking into this KTP-190U per your suggestion. I currently have a Pioneer aftermarket head unit, but think this would do the trick by bringing back the lost bass from the factory sub. Although, I also bought an amp wiring kit a while back, so with the aftermarket head unit I'm really only an amp and sub purchase away from having a bit of an upgrade back there.
This thing will definitely impress you with the bass it brings out of the factory subwoofer. It is exactly what you are missing.
You could go the the aftermarket sub and amp, but you would have to run all the wiring and take up some space in the back.
They both have pros and cons. With the alpine amp, I don’t think you can control it as much as if you had a normal amp and sub.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts