Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Problem: Rear HVAC will blow cold AC but no heat. Blower motor can still be heard in heat mode just no air coming out. I have ruled out the infamous transistor problem and the screen is clean. I think this might be some sort of blend door issue?

Im looking for some confirmation that is the problem and if there is an actuator for the rear HVAC blend door what would the part number be and where is it located?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So i may have just answered my own question...it seems heat only comes through the foot vents and not the upper air vents in the rear?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,250 Posts
That's right, when the front controls are set to auto, or feet and windshield defog, the heat comes out at the bottom near the 2nd row passenger's feet. (Keep that lower vent unobstructed by carpets or whatnot.) Upper vents are where the A/C come out of on auto. This all sort of makes sense in a default applied thermodynamics kind of way: heat rises and cooler air heads lower.

If you want heat to come out of the top vents in the rear console, set the front control to one of the modes that has an arrow pointing at the little dude's face.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts