Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used the search function, but for the life of me I can not find how to replace the rad.
Is it a big job.
My wifes car had to be towed home. After I removed the lower skid plate, I saw that the tranny line that goes to the rad
is off and I can not figure a way to re-install it.
Also, I had big time trouble removing the plastic hold downs, snapped most of them.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,260 Posts
This should help some...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
After I removed the lower skid plate, I saw that the tranny line that goes to the rad
is off and I can not figure a way to re-install it.
Depending upon the condition and age the rubber ATF lines may need replacement as well as the clamps. The metal lines can develop leaks from rust so inspect them. One innovative u-tuber used Cu-Ni lines to replace the rusty lines as the OEM parts are expensive for what they are.

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
I got a kit like this from Amazon to replace plastic push clips. There are a variety of these online that are good substitutes for expensive OEM.

Reactions: PHM

·
Registered
11,413 Posts
I have also used tie straps to help secure plastic under cover. Drilling small holes in the plastic to run a strap through. This method is useful when dealing with a damaged bumper or broken plastic.

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I got it all done. No need to bury things like that.
I just unbolted the fans, and very roughly slid the old one out.
Sliding the new one in, I was much more gentle.
Now I am just curious how much the parts are going to cost, I will stop by during the week to settle my bill.
Thanks everyone for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts