Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought an 08 Pilot......its in fantastic shape with only two previous owners.e Have carfax and it is clean with a ton of service records. It has been well taken care of to say the least. Drives like a dream,and love the car. My question is one about the engine. Has 190K on it. Timing belt,etc,all been changed. Trans fluid crystal clear. No signs of leaks,etc underneath. It may just be me,or I'm not familiar with Honda's or this engine(V6),but,I hear a ticking while running. Not loud ,just a small noise. To me it sounds like a lifter or valve,but I'm far from any sort of mechanic...lol Anyone have any ideas? Or,am I just paranoid about nothing? Really appreciate any replies! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
You’d probably be better off posting in the 03-08 section of this forum.
And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
First easy thing is to pull and check all your spark plugs, then retorque them to spec. They can have a tendency to back out.

But otherwise, post a video and as suggested and post it in the 2003-2008 forum so you can get more folks to listen to it and make suggestions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
plplplpl
Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums
Piloteers.org forum community offers tech info, troubleshooting, modification DIY’s and discussion for the Honda Pilot SUV.
Full Forum Listing