Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
front windshield wipers works but front washer doesnt work. rear both washer and wiper works. i checked reservior had washer fluid is full. is there fuses? do i need to replace motor

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot
94 Posts
First thing I would check is if there are any obstructions in the spray nozzles or the lines to them.
Check for power on fluid motor you should hear it when you turn it on check the plug sometimes there’s corrosion on the connectors then swap it out you can probably pick it up at the bone yard for 10$ hopefully this gives you some help

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
Another thing to try is to pull out a section of windshield wiper fluid hose under the hood and see if it squirts out. If it does then you know there is an obstruction downstream, most likely in the hood-mounted nozzles.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,188 Posts
All this talk about Obstruction! Remninds me of.............nevermind.

I used to have to put a straight pin down the nozzle to get them unplugged, in a past life.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
13 Posts
Similar issue 2005 ... reservoir was dry
  • filled reservoir
  • rear has fluid coming out of it.
  • took nozzles off and blew air from hose out.... lots of air
  • took hoses and individually plugged one, then other and blew air. I can hear the washer fluid bubble
  • no leaks
  • washer motor sounds as if working. Maybe a spritz here and there, no stream.
Suggestions?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,187 Posts
Maybe take the nozzles off and soak them in some white vinegar. Perhaps there is some mineral buildup in them if tap water instead of windshield washer fluid was in the reservoir.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
Maybe take the nozzles off and soak them in some white vinegar. Perhaps there is some mineral buildup in them if tap water instead of windshield washer fluid was in the reservoir.
White vinegar is good. I find CLR is remarkably effective, as well.

I've just noticed their new labels say they're "woman owned." Like a lot of us, I suspect. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts