Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pilot EX-L
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I drive this car I always activate the wiper/washer.
What a stupid setup.
My wife drives it all the time, she says she has no problem, just me i guess.

·
Registered
744 Posts
What do you mean by "where the shifter should be"? When it is actually a "shifter" - as in, manual transmission, it is pretty much always in the central console. Just cause your prior car had AT control lever on the steering wheel (I think I had that on my Oldsmobile long ago) does not mean that is where it 'should be'.

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,845 Posts
What a stupid setup.
The column gear selector went out about the same time as Disco. Other than Buicks, the Impala and Crown Vics I’m not sure if anyone makes them anymore.

While three on the tree was a simple design the engineering nightmare of trying to implement 5 on the tree, 6 on the tree, 9 on the tree and even 10 on the tree is mind boggling.

I must admit I like the idea though, for with the state of the younger people today, THIS would be what rush hour would look like, even in Las Angeles.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What a stupid setup.
It was/is a stupid idea to put it where they did...
I rarely get them mixed up...... rarely , but still.....
Honda did finally come to their sense and moved it to diff. location in later models

Vehicle Car Center console Gear shift Mazda mazda5

·
Registered
11,325 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,315 Posts
I’m cracking up here.
When they first came out, many people said the same thing, or sprayed their windshield.
Don’t worry, I did it to. You’ll figure it out some day.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,194 Posts
I guess OP and some of us just have obtrusively bulging muscular Popeye forearms. :D

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,165 Posts
After driving the wife’s Pilot for a couple days, then switching back to the Tacoma, I normally grab air the first time I want to shift it into reverse. Momentary confusion. Then the brain kicks in and reminds me the gear shifter isn’t on the steering column in the Taco.

The 2016 Tundra I test drove a few years ago still had a column shifter. That was one long lever.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Seems like column shifter is an American car thing - unless it's a manual. Most Asian and Euro cars have it on center console.

·
Registered
2019 Pilot EXL AWD
93 Posts
Never had that issue nor have I heard of anyone who has.
I did with my 2005 Odyssey. I believe it is almost the same setup as Pilot. Everytime I shift, I turn on wiper. :mad:
Glad I got rid of that lemon. Constant issue with the sliding doors and parking sensors. Why I went with Pilot, no more sliding doors and no parking sensors. Praying that I will be lucky this time 🙏

Reactions: PHM
1 - 12 of 12 Posts