Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, first post but trying to find an answer and "pull your dash" might be, so be it. After some good rains, my son found a good puddle on the passenger floorboard. I pulled the fender, sealed the 3 possible trouble points, (wire harness input, plain grommet, and widow washer fluid hose.) I pulled the seat, strategically cut out the passenger carpet in a hidden spot where you can see the cut line, and cut out the affected moldy pad in the kick panel area. Checked the AC drain tube and its clear. Pulled the wiper cowl cover on the right side and sprayed water up there as my son watched inside. The actual leak APPEARS to be dripping down from above the squirrel caged fan. (Think center of glove compartment) If I shift the recirculation door "on" I can reach in the door and feel water inside above the fan. That's as far as I got. Put the seat back in and left carpet out. There is a handy rubber grommet on the floor to drain if it gets bad before i figure it out. What's to try next? Look for a leak at the fresh air intake?? (Pull the dash, yuck)

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,177 Posts
See if you can look under the dash to find water marks. If you have a borescope this would be a good opportunity to use it.

Also some folks have mentioned water leaks when the windshield seal is compromised. When you were spraying water at the wiper cover how much was getting onto the windshield?

And welcome to the forum.

Reactions: ConrodM

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
742 Posts
Don’t forget to clean your mudflaps- just another thing that can cause water intrusion but doesn’t sound like your problem

·
Registered
103 Posts
Was gonna say check to see if the sunroof is draining properly. I'm not sure about the Pilot, but my Ford Escape has a drain in each corner and at one point or another, each has been clogged.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
These thread should help, if you haven't seen them yet. I'd add to reseal with silicone the welded seam up behind the front passenger side wheel well when you remove the fender liner. That helped for some.

2005 Pilot both front floor boards wet

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
@ConrodM may even still have some pretty pics worth a thousand words from when he did it, IIRC. :)

·
Premium Member
2005 Pilot EXL- 227,700 Miles
742 Posts
@ConrodM may even still have some pretty pics worth a thousand words from when he did it, IIRC. :)
Hopefully so and will certainly post - but since I have the constant warnings from Apple that my iCloud is full and 359+ pics/videos can’t be uploaded- I’m not counting on finding them... sheesh! Sorry but will look anyways 😁👍

·
Registered
10,236 Posts
If you can find them anywhere, locally or on the cloud, you can upload (and hence store) them here. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts