Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum and would appreciate any info or help I can get from you guys on my Pilot. We bought an 08 about a month ago with 190K miles on it....Car runs excellent ,shifts smoothly,and feels like it has really been taken care of.....Very happy with my purchase and hoping it lasts us a very long time. I have looked the carfax over and the maintenance has been great.Timing belt at 140K,oil changes,etc.......Question is ,I hear a ticking sound from engine......It may just be me not being familiar with Honda's or maybe something else??? Is this a common sound for the V6 engine or is it something that needs to be looked at? Other than that,I love the Pilot........its a beautiful vehicle and drives like a dream.....Ticking ,just has me on edge......lol Thanks for any and all replies! Really enjoy getting on hear and reading the posts and replies.....................

·
Registered
828 Posts
The valve tappets normally make a little noise. Excessive clicking could be misadjusted valves. I believe that a leaky timing belt tensioner can also cause noise, others on this forum have posted about this. Worn out power steering pump is noisy as well. There are many different possibilities. You should bring the Pilot to a mechanic that you trust and ask for an opinion.
The use of a mechanics stethoscope can help locate just where the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
820 Posts
Typically the ticking is the valves. Not really anything to worry about according to my mechanic. I don’t know why the power steering pump would tick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts