Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Honda Pilot EX that, currently, has lukewarm heat, in the front and in the back. I’ve been reading a lot about that “magic screw” for the front, but that does not seem to be the case. The hose on both side of the mixing valve are hot to the touch. The difference is when it passed through the heater core. The hose to the heater core and the hose out from the heater core are different temperature. When I flush the heater core, it seems like the same amount of water I put in, comes out. That leaves me to not suspect the car’s heater core. The thing that I do know is this. There are air pockets in the system that I can not seem to get out. My question is this, will having air in the system cause both of my heaters, front and back, not work? Other than that, the car runs, idles, and drives fine. Thanks in advance .

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If there are air bubbles in your heater cores that could cause the issue you are experiencing. When you burp the system, park on an incline with the radiator fill port being the high point and turn both heater settings to full hot.

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
turn both heater settings to full hot.
If you want the rear heater to operate on full hot manually, don't forget to push the Rear A/C Manual Button.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,820 Posts
If you want the rear heater to operate on full hot manually, don't forget to push the Rear A/C Manual Button.

View attachment 141155
That’s messed up that those in the front row can control the temperature at the second row. My LX trim level doesn’t have that feature.😁

·
Registered
9,237 Posts
On the other hand, if you don't push that button, the rear heat- A/C knob is inoperable and what you set in front also happens in the back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, I attempted to burp the pilots coolant system again. My driveway is on an incline. Took the radiator cap off, used a short funnel. Started the pilot until hot. did switch from hot to cold and cold to hot at the same time maintaining the rpm from 1500 to 2000. Whole process was about 35-40 minutes long. The thing I noticed is that at the same time with the cap off, there was heat inside the cab. although the heat from the from and back was at a different temperature. After putting the cap back on and buttoning things up, the heating temperature went back to luke warm. I had order a lisle spill free funnel and will attempt to try it again this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts